Apple Powerbook

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Riceboi

Homeless Member
I know this is offtopic but I figured i might as well ask somewhere i post on a daily basis....I have been looking at the powerbooks...as usual...and of course there is that infamous talk about the dead pixels.....now of course apple becomes really anal when it comes to returning them if they do not fall under the dead pixel policy...and then since it is not considered defective you have to pay a restocking fee and pray that the other powerbook will be fine.....so i couldn't help but wondering maybe there is an alternative to all this? Or do i just have to bite hard and pray that i'm not one of the unfortunate souls...

maybe if i buy it from an authorized reseller?

jh-retired

I window shop enough at my Apple Store that I'm on very friendly terms with many of the employees... When we bought a TiBook awhile ago, they let me check out the screen before I paid ;)

On another note, we've got 3 Apple laptops here at home, and not 1 dead pixel. Understand that NOBODY posts and bothers to say "My screen's perfect." That's the problem with forums-- They're heavily biased in the negative. I wouldn't be too paranoid about it.

Riceboi

Homeless Member
true.....well i hope there are some updated with the powerbooks before i purchase it for college....:T thx for the info :)