• This is not the place to tout your latest must have app. It will be viewed as spam if you do post a link to your application or any "hey this app is awesome" shill style posts and your post will be removed and you may be banned.

If you wish to submit an application for inclusion on the iLounge.com main site please do so by sending an email to [email protected]

App Monetization with OfferWalls

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sarahlewisxo

Hi to Everyone!

I'm Sarah and I'm all new to the Mobile Game development world.

Right now, I am looking for different ways to monetize an application/ a mobile application (well aside from having it as a paid application) - I don't think that having a mobile application as paid guarantees more users to download so making it free and having add ons could be an acceptable way of monetizing it.

Few things I know are:
1. I can put ads. (Which I think is the most common thing I experience with mobile apps)
2. Add some offer walls. (I have come across Offer Daddy & many others that have iOS SDKs to integrate to your app)

Which do you believe is more effective?
And do you have comments & suggestions with the above things?
Also, do you think any of the two are somewhat outdated / unstable, etc.?
Please let me know.

It will be much appreciated.
Thank you.:)

FairSupermarket

If you run ads make sure they are 'rewarded' ads. I hate watching ads and getting nothing back, if there is an option to actually get something for watching a video i'm more likely to stick around. I don't think i've seen an 'offer wall'.