Anyway to disable cover flow??

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

GreeKNastY

it gets very annoying if im walking aruond and i stiick my hand down..and the darn thing goes on coverflow..and it takes a while to come back to regular mode after bringing it back up...:confused:

kornchild2002

If you are playing music then hit the sleep button. This will turn off the display (thus saving power) and make it so coverflow doesn't come up. You shouldn't be walking around with your iPod touch's display on, it would only get about 5 hours of use.

dc5-rsx

kornchild2002 said:
If you are playing music then hit the sleep button. This will turn off the display (thus saving power) and make it so coverflow doesn't come up. You shouldn't be walking around with your iPod touch's display on, it would only get about 5 hours of use.
I concur. Putting it in sleep mode while its in ur pocket prevents it from going into cover flow.

zardoz66

I don't think he is meaning just putting it in sleep mode. I think he just wants to disable it all together.

like turning coverflow off.

a113524c

If you means turning off coverflow then the answer is no, you cannot turn off coverflow. Maybe you can find a way if you jailbreak your touch.

kornchild2002

Are you walking around with your iPod touch screen on? As I said, just put it in sleep mode while playing music.

whitepod

uppercaseC
i have the same problem..say im laying in bed and i look for a certain song...if i were to look at it normal while laying down it turns to cover flow..so i have to turn it vertical and look at the screen sideways..very annoying..maybe a firmware update could change this??

girlycrush

The coverflow is p***ing everyone off isn't it? I have the 160G classic. The only way I found to disable the coverflow was;

Plug your iPod into your computer and open iTunes.
Click on your iPod to bring up it's settings.
Select the "Music" from the list of tabs on top.
On this screen, uncheck "Display album artwork on your iPod".

This is an option for people like myself who don't mind sacrificing the artwork in order to reserve battery life.
As of yet, if you DO want to keep your album artwork, there is no way to stop the coverflow.

Hope this helps some.
:)

celtic78

how do i put it in sleep mode? does it automatically just do it? sorry if thats a stupid question.

bigmase911

celtic78 said:
how do i put it in sleep mode? does it automatically just do it? sorry if thats a stupid question.
Simply press the power button briefly as opposed to holding it in to power on/off.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
ya, that would be the button on the top.

GIRLY we are referring to iPod touch and iPhone cover flow issues.

Zimmy

GreeKNastY said:
it gets very annoying if im walking aruond and i stiick my hand down..and the darn thing goes on coverflow..and it takes a while to come back to regular mode after bringing it back up...:confused:
I like the concept of Cover Flow, but since there is a huge bug in the Touch on how it works, I would also like to disable it.

I wish Apple would spend as much resources to fix valid usability issues instead of trying to kill homebrew app installs.

I have 1.1.2 and Cover Flow still stays on one album cover even when the song changes.
I like to listen to my music in landscape mode but this issue kills that. Who wants to look at the Hotel California cover when Bob Dylan is playing???

sudipmaitra

Disabling Cover flow

Its simple. Here is what you do :

iPod nano (5th generation), iPod nano (4th generation)

To turn Cover Flow off, choose Settings > General > Rotate and then choose Off.

Cover Flow will no longer activate when you rotate your iPod nano sideways.

Like someone here said I wouldn't compromise on the cover display for recharging after 5 hours. I like it like that.

Last edited:

Glitcher

sudipmaitra, that setting doesn't exist on an iPod Touch. However, it is still possible to disable screen rotation. Install sbsettings on Cydia, then search for a toggle called "Rotation Inhibitor" and install that. With rotation disabled, you won't have to worry about cover flow popping up any more.

Last edited:

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
The 3rd gen Touch running iOS 4 now has the ability to disable screen rotation.

ps What is it today with all the 2+ year-old threads being resurrected?

PinkBerry

I just discovered how to and I'm so happy about it I had to share this discovery. I found out how to from one of the "iPod secrets" app, but unfortunately the app tells me it only works on iPod touch 3rd gen and above, as well as only iPhone 4 I'm pretty sure. So in order to stop that damn coverflow you double click on the home button and the quick menu will show up and the left most icon (grey button with a arrow circle) is the orientation lock. Click on it and there will be no more cover flow!  yay

UNCGirl

Lock Portrait Orientation

On the newest generation iPod, double-click the button and scroll left until you get to the music mini bar with options to pause and change to next/previous track. Click on the gray button to "lock portrait orientation." Beware, this locks it for all applications, not just the music player.