Anyone own a Sonic Impact Video-55 and an iPod Classic?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

madmaxmedia

Website
www.madmaxmedia.com
There are instructions in the following Apple.com discussion thread to get video from an iPod Classic to play on the Video-55-

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1206950&tstart=0

I was wondering if someone here could try it out and confirm it, as well as post any impressions, problems, etc. Namely-

1. One poster in that thread said the iPod would only play the first video on her iPod on the Video-55 screen, even if she selected a different video. You can skip to other videos, but that would be a pain if you have a lot of videos.

2. Can you fast forward or reverse within videos?

3. Do different aspect ratios (4:3, 16:9, 2.35:1) all play correctly on the Video-55 screen? I had read some reviews that 16:9 content didn't display correctly, but most people have not reported this problem.

Here are the instructions (also good for 3G Nano) from the thread-

The Sonic Impact Video55 is compatible with the Classic and new Nano iPods, but it is not compatible with the Touch iPod. The directions for use with the Classic and new Nano are as follows:

To enable your “Classic” or “Nano 3G” iPods the ability to watch videos on your Sonic Impact Video55, please follow the steps below:

Step1) First update the iPod to the software version 1.0.2
Step2) Then switch on the TV Out option.
step3) Place the iPod in the Video55 dock and switch the Video55 on and play a video.
Step4)At this time, you will be viewing only the blue screen.
Step5)Now go to the Menu on the Video55 and change the source from iPod to Video and then back to iPod. It will now play videos. Any control of forwarding the video or going to the next video you will have to use only the next/skip button on the iPod.

This worked with my Classic 80G and my friends new Nano.
Thanks,
Steve