• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Anyone know how to convert flash?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheMobBoss

Hello,
I was wondering if it is possible to convert flash to MPG4. I have tried with this procedure:
Got the swf file with Flash Saver.
(Need a good swf converter, I went through 10 and couldn't find a good one) Use flash converter to convert to MPG1, MPG2, or AVI.
Use videora to convert from there.

The problem is that I can't find a good swf converter.
Help is appreciated

Jasper

Website
www.bluecubed.co.uk
I'm using Amor SWF to Video Converter to convert my flash files to avi, and then the Videora converter to convert iPod format video.

Hope that helps.

Digerati

I have tried this and nothing is working. I downloaded a trial of amor to see how its going to work on these swf training videos I have and it will only do 99kb of any of em.

If I cant get the swf to avi done then I really cannot proceed to videora.

Any ideas.

aznk1d2

Use TVC (total Video Convertor), you just need to figure out how to get it for free... aznk1d2 at aol dot com for questions

Digerati

Ok I used Total Video Encoder and it never would read a swf file, so thats out.

Then I tried Flash to Video Encoder pro, and it doesnt do the conversions in the background.
You have to sit there and watch the video as it converts, or anaylizes the video.

It takes forever then when its done it takes another forever to convert the video.
I decided to try it on a long video last night when I left work. When I came back to work this morning my computer had 0 diskspace due to the program eating up and adding to my page file.

However I did a small sample yesterday so that I could proceed to videora and see how well it would do. It did well.

All I need is a utility to turn the swf files into something managabale by videora, preferrably something that will run in the background.

Digerati

L33tG4m3r said:
Use XvidforPSP by Winnydows. It works great for flash videos.

Got a link to this?

Google returns two good for nothing links.

tmhallam

Imtoo video converter for ipod ($) or Super Video Sonverter (free)

Digerati

I have had super on my pc for years, it errors out at trying to mess with the swf files.

Imtoo didnt do convert it properly. It cut the video off and didnt resize it right.

BlackHawk47

A good free program

Found a good program to convert flash videos to MP4-

Riva FLV Encoder works both ways, converting from flash video to any file type desired (includes MP4) or from any file type to flash. Plus, its free! Here's the link to download and get started.

http://www.rivavx.com/?encoder

Hope this helps!

Hammo

Do you mean flash videos like flv from youtube etc.. or flash videos like swf.. Because I havent seen many swf -> iPod converters, none that are very good at least. I know there's a few programs that convert swf to avi, which you could then convert for the iPod, but those programs usually just record sound from the microphone, and record the screen, which is a little dodgy.. I haven't found a good one yet!

muzacmaniac

I've been using KeepVid, and then when it finishes downloading the *.flv file, I just use Videora to convert it. It works like a charm.

Digerati

Hammo said:
Do you mean flash videos like flv from youtube etc.. or flash videos like swf.. Because I havent seen many swf -> iPod converters, none that are very good at least. I know there's a few programs that convert swf to avi, which you could then convert for the iPod, but those programs usually just record sound from the microphone, and record the screen, which is a little dodgy.. I haven't found a good one yet!

All are in SWF format and I have yet to find a program that will properly avi it in the right aspect.