• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Anyone know how to convert flash?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheMobBoss

Hello,
I was wondering if it is possible to convert flash to MPG4. I have tried with this procedure:
Got the swf file with Flash Saver.
(Need a good swf converter, I went through 10 and couldn't find a good one) Use flash converter to convert to MPG1, MPG2, or AVI.
Use videora to convert from there.

The problem is that I can't find a good swf converter.
Help is appreciated :cool:

verena

I, too, am having problems with this... Using Quicktime Pro, I was able to convert the video, but it cannot convert the audio. I did alot of searching for an alternative yesterday, with no luck.... Would appreciate any suggestions (Mac, please)...

Thanks!
Verena
:confused:

verena

After slogging through many different applications (both PC and Mac), the only application I have found that successfully converts the SWF files (both frames and audio) is SWF To Video Scout for Windows (bytescout.com).

You can download a 30 day free trial, at this time the price for registering is $29. It is not the most intuitive software, but for me it made flawless AVIs which I then converted to MP4s with Videora.

I don't know much about the different settings, but a few things about SWF To Video Scout that I suggest:

1. The default Resolution is 200%. I changed it to "original" to keep the file size down, there are other options which may be better.

2. I changed the compression type to MPEG 4, once again, there are many options, another may be better.

3. I left all of the other options at their default. It chose my sound card as its audio input, this worked fine on the files I converted.

4. Once the SWF opens after you have gone thru the wizard, push the "Force Play" button right away, and once the SWF has completed playing, push the "Stop" button. Before I did this all I ended up with in the file was the first frame of the SWF, and since there is no status dialog or bar, I ended up with a huge file.

After converting the resulting AVI file with Videora, I added the MP4s to iTunes on my Mac, and they play beautifully on my iPod.