• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Any H.264 converters tha actually work?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
the only free h264 converter ive found is the videora soo far and those h264 for some reason wont play on my ipod... so does anyone know of a free h264 converter that will play on the ipod because i have yet to find one... thanks

GuitarRocker

Old iPods Rock!
Videora does infact work on iPod, What version of videora do you have?

Tatsu

yeah I've been having trouble with Videora also, it worked the first three times but after that the video that i converted transferred to the iPod but it wouldn't play. I used all the presets too. I also found it weird that the h264 converted videos were actually a few megabites larger than my mpeg4 converted ones. Am I doing something wrong here?

leftyx

PQ DVD to iPod works great for me. You can get a demo by googling PQDVD.

wallisj

I think the problem can be that even though the ipod supports 768kbps bitrate, videora encodes it slightly over that so it just plain doesn't work

I encoded 5 files last night and only 2 worked...when i calculated the bitrate it was over even though i specified 768 and it just happened that 2 averaged a lower rate

I ended up recoding the others at 640 but they ended up closer to 730 anyway

oclo

Handbrake has been updated to do H.264. I havn't tried it yet though.

ipod-upod

oclo said:
Handbrake has been updated to do H.264. I havn't tried it yet though.
Just tried it and it works. Gotta remember to set the encoder to "Baseline" and it will play on the iPod. Nice...:D

JackWhite

no there's no Handbrake for Windows, they stress this on the website. I tried one conversion in the new version but it didn't work...i'll give it another go...