Another Odd Problem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

REDSHIFT1

So earlier this am I once again recorded another lp. Out of curiosity I decided to enter the Metadata. What this actually is Idk. But just to see I entered each track's info.

When I imported the files, all the stuff was there: artists, etc. I did not have to go thru each one and do it. "Great" I thought! So I then went to check how the lp would appear in the artists' and albums' selections and saw something odd...

Instead of one album with 19 tracks and 19 artists I have 19 albums with each artist listed separately from the others. Before I delete these and start over is there a way to fix this? Idk how to alter the metadata so I may just has to redo the whole thing.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Easy, select all 19 songs and go into Get Info for them all. Select the "Part of a Compilation" option and enter an Album Artist like "Various Artists". If you're using iTunes 12 the Album Artist may not be visible by default, so click on the "Add Field" button at the bottom of the Get Info window.

Once you've done that, in iTunes you might want to sort the library as "Album by Artist" to ensure the songs are grouped together (by the common Album Artist name you used).