Another e2 sony flexsleeve mod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bordeaaj

I don't know if anyone has already done this but it looks much better, fits a little tighter and even has a bit of suction on removal, and isolates better while capturing and separating more of the sound spectrum than the single sleeve sony ex71 mod. There is no need for glue or cutting of any kind on this one. The sleeves seem to remain firmly in place even when removing them from the ear. Each bud will require two flexsleeves - one small and one medium (or one medium and one large if you have larger ears). This is a very, very comfortable mod.

* Strip one of the stock foam sleeves that come with the e2 earphones down to the plastic core leaving a thin layer of rough foam for grip. All foam will end up being covered and will not be visible.

* Attach one of the smaller flexsleeves to the flatter, blunter end of the plastic foamie cylinder and slide the stem to about the halfway point of the cylinder leaving about 1/16" of the flexsleeve extending past the end of the cylinder. This extension will nicely wrap around the stem of the earpiece near the sound chamber.

* Attach the larger flexsleeve to the other end (the more rounded end) of the cylinder facing the opposite direction until their stems butt up against each other at the halfway point. This will be the listening end and there should be about 1/16" of this flexsleeve extending past the end of the cylinder on this end as well for comfort while wearing.

* Make sure the cup of small flexsleeve is nested inside the cup of the larger flexsleeve.

* Pinch the end with the larger sleeve firmly to keep the sleeves from slipping and push the foamie cylinder completely onto the shure e2 post. This new flexsleeve/foamie core module can be easily slipped on and off as a single unit when necessary.

* Repeat the process for the next earbud.

See attachments for visual basics. You do not need to flip the cups of the flexsleeves inside out as pictured. This was just to make the instructions a little more clear.

I posted at Head-Fi with a couple more how-to type pictures if anyone is interested.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1101109#post1101109

Attachments

Last edited:

Xarthan

nanolicious
i recently sold my e3c on ebay cauz i didn't like how they felt in my ear. ####! I should have tried them with this mod. I love how the sony's in ears feel.

Last edited: