another brushed ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

voltager

Im not taking credit for doing this first......so dont get mad.

Since i got a new board, and it came with some stickers, i wondered, why not put it on my ipod? So i put the sticker on and brushed around it with some fine sandpaper. Im very glad with the results. (i think its a bird or somethin)

Attachments

M1557

Website
www.sounds-like-lies.tk
Read his posts carefully and you will see that he used a sticker.

Thats prety cool.

It reminds me of the old trans amp fire bird decals.

Wouldnt that be a good idea...

::M1557::

~tl

M1557 said:
Read his posts carefully and you will see that he used a sticker.
Must read all of original post before asking stupid questions... Must read all of original post before asking stupid questions... Must read all of original post before asking stupid questions... Must read all of original post before asking stupid questions... Must read all of original post before asking stupid questions...

TOM

voltager

Opeth said:
Sweet looking dent you got there.
haha lol, thanks. thats one reason why i brushed it, to hide the dents a little. i guess it didnt really work, eh? o well :rolleyes:

bryguy17

good job. Why doesn't somebody try using one of those big apple stickers that came with the ipod to mask it? just put the whole sticker on, the use an Xacto knife to cut away the clear part and brush to your little heart's content.

edit: btw, look out for that dent, as far as i can tell it voids your warranty if the hard drive fails. Thats what happened to me =(

Last edited:

i am reprogamed

that apple design is sweet. did you use a sticker, or did you use something like masking tape? and i noticed the apple as brushed vertically rather than being left polished. very nice indeed.

bryguy17

i did use the sticker, and the vertical scratches came from the fact that i brushed the thing 3 times before this, and because i knew it would look cool. I'm working on adding a checkerboard to the background instead of the horizontal brush, should look cool

bryguy17

will do...but i had to obliterate the apple cause i didnt want to waste my other sticker for masking... =( im actually thing that once im finished with the checkers, ill reverse the direction that each of them goes in the apple...should look awesome

bryguy17

here ya go....sadly, its kinda messy. If you try this, make sure to use a masking tape that stands up well to sandpaper (i.e. not scotch tape). It also helps if your tape starts out the width that you want your squares to be. keep in mind that it takes A LOT of patience to get sharp lines, so don't try and make checkers without being willing to give up some of your time. enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited: