Another broken Headphone jack -> out of warranty?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AptMunich

Amplioholic
Website
www.Ampliphonic.de
Yep,

Like many other people, i am looking at a 2nd gen. $300 ipod with a busted headphone jack...

Unfortunately my 90 days have just finished (103 days so far), so i'm guessing i'm kind of screwed!?!

But somewhere i read that warranty has been extended to 1 year for this type of defect so i hope i'm in luck. Anyone haave any official confirmation of this?

To make things more complicated i purchased my ipod in the u.s but live in germany, i wonder who i can call?

Does anyone know the free apple number for apple germany support?
I had to go and register my ipod so now the website won't show me the free number (as my 90 days are up), it only show the number that costs ?40,90 per problem??!!!!

Or is there at least some kind of e-mail address i can write to?

PLEASE I'M POOR AND CAN'T AFFORD TO BUY A NEW ONE/CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT ONE!!!

elbirth

I sent in a request 2 days ago to get my iPod repaired (headphone jack issues). Anyway, as of September 2 of this year I'll have had my iPod for 1 year, so it's definitely out of the 90-day guarantee.

Anyway, I plan on making sure I've got all of my stuff on it backed up and send it in tomorrow. I had went to apple.com/support and logged in and found a page I could go to to submit a repair request. I couldn't get my zip code to work, so I called the 1-800 number (free over here in the US) and got a guy on the phone to send me a box, which I got yesterday. The guy on the phone said that I was covered under the 1 year warranty, but I would have to pay for the shipping, which is definitely better than the $40/problem they offer as well.

AptMunich

Amplioholic
Website
www.Ampliphonic.de
Thanks for the reply, quick update:

asked someone in a store that sells apple products over here, he said apple germany's website support is one big headache, i should try a certain company.

They quoted me a pric of ?15,- just to contact apple's support and get it sorted out, plus i would have to pay for the shipping.

That sounded like a pile of crap so i called the support line with a ?49 price tag, and the person assured me the charge is only for software support over the phone, not for other support issues (so why doesn't it say so on the website???!!!)

Anyway they'll pick it up monday ;)

Hope i get a new 3rd gen one (but know that's absolutely utterly never gonna happen - this company probably charges 19 bucks for the packagin)

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
All iPods have a full 1 year warranty - the 90 day thing was the initial warranty period but Apple changed that to 1 yr (to include all iPods)
So look at your receipt and from that date you have a 1 year warranty.

elbirth

But apparently after the initial 90 warranty, they charge you shipping, as long as you're still in the 1 year warranty... they're charging me shipping at least...