Anapod or Itunes?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JaredM

I am about to purchase a 4g 20gb ipod. I have windows xp and 98. I will be using the xp system for ipod but i have lots of music on 98 and i would rather transfer the music on 98 straight to ipod without reripping on xp. Should i use anapod right when i get my ipod or should i try itunes. Also if you never want to use itunes then how do you go about installing ipod drivers and that stuff?

slicky

I'd recommend holding off on Anapod until you've had a chance to get used to iTunes. In my opinion Anapod really only offers two features that are useful. The ability to transfer from the iPod to your PC and perhaps Xtreamer. The former feature is something that you can get with freeware applications such as iPod Agent, and quite a few others. The later is only useful if you have need to share or stream tracks directly from your iPod. Other than that the rest of Anapod's features aren't really anything special or are outclassed by iTunes itself or other 3rd party utilities for free.

~slicky

Illuzion

Anapod Universal. Probably the only software i bought in years and worth every cent.

SWiTCH

Despite the fact that Anapod's updates have slowed to every 3 months or so and Shuffle support is still non existent, I'd still go with Anapod. iTunes is okay if you dont have a lot of music. If you do, it's very slow and cumbersome to work with. Anapod is much easier.

ElPapa

iPod, do you?
Website
www.codethought.net
I use both. And there's no reason not to. iTunes has a great ripper and it creates smart playlists (Anapod doesn't). The one place where Anapod shines, in particular, is speed. It totally owns XPlay, for example, in transfer speed. It also ows XPlay in general usage. XPlay takes about 10-50x longer to first mount and then view data on my iPod. Anapod literally takes 2-3 seconds.

Anapod has other cool features too, like the XTreamer, but I rarely use it for that.