All Tomorrow's Parties

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
For anyone who doesn't know what ATP is, it's a 2-day concert that runs every year with a few famous headliners and a bunch of smaller bands to expand your music vocabulary. This year's is being curated by Modest Mouse, and the big headline was Lou Reed. I just attended the 1st half last night in downtown Long Beach, where Modest Mouse, The Black Heart Procession, The Walkmen, Sufjan Stevens, and Lou Reed performed (plus many other smaller bands). Tonight will feature the Flaming Lips, the Shins, and the Cramps (plus others). So far, I must say, it's been awesome. The performance by Modest Mouse wasn't terrific, but overall it's been very fun. Below are some of the photos I got while there last night.

Last edited:

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Modest Mouse - This picture was actually taken by an LA Times photographer taking pictures for the newspaper. When I asked if he could snap a few shots with his incredible digital camera onto my card, he agreed and got some awesome shots, including this one.
UPDATE: This picture was, in fact, used in Monday's edition of the LA Times next to the review article for the concert. Funny story: when I had gone up to him before I left to say thanks again, he told me he took his best shots on my card, and he wanted to put them on his computer. He ended up turning in that photo to the Times to use in their story. So I have the full, unclipped, color version of that photo, along with 5 other similar ones. [IMG=http://img30.exs.cx/img30/2816/78FG2279.jpg][/IMG]

Last edited:

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Me with Wayne Coyne! Holy crap can you believe it?! I talked with him, and he's actually a really cool guy. If you've ever seen the Flaming Lips live, you know just how out-there their performances are. The one I saw was no exception. He even walked out in his space-bubble like at Coachella. Also, they played the song that hey recorded for the Spongebob Movie, probably the only time they will play it live.[IMG=http://img109.exs.cx/img109/7346/DSCN2285.jpg][/IMG]

Last edited:

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Lou Reed (I was far away for this one, so it's fuzzy) [IMG=http://img123.exs.cx/img123/6559/DSCN2287.jpg][/IMG]

Last edited:

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Sufjan Stevens on the Queen Mary stage. A truly awesome performance; one of the best at the event. [IMG=http://img123.exs.cx/img123/1863/DSCN0459.jpg][/IMG]

Last edited:

raine

SY Fanboy
Website
www.cokemachineglow.com
Wow. That involves pretty much all of my new favorite bands. I'm currently getting into The Shins really hardcore, especially "Those to Come" which is a killer song.

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Dan: Not sure. I was pretty tired when he started, and sort of let his music lull me into relaxation. He played All Tomorrow's Parties, obviously.

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Yeah, he's actually a really cool guy. He just acts like a normal person (except for his ever-present tweed suit). Not at all like the average celebrity.

wolfpacker

"All Tomorrow's Parties" is also a classic song on The Velvet Underground's Nico album (and Lou Reed was in VU). Is Lou Reed involved somehow with the festival or was he just playing?