Albums listed in chronological order on Ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sontaron

I`ve often read of people complaining that it isn`t possible to list albums by artists in chronological order on the Ipod unless you prefix each album with a number. Whilst faffing about I`ve just realised that it *is* possible...so apologies if this is common knowledge but here`s how!

On Itunes, click get info on the first song of an album, then click sorting and then in sort album put the year of release. Repeat this for every song on the album ( this has to be done or else the songs get split and more than one entry appears for the same album on the ipod ). Do this for each album by the artist in question, sync the ipod and voila, the ipod will now list the albums in the correct chronological order rather than alphabetical!

Mawdryn

Website
www.myspace.com
That's a good idea and I'll probably do it. I do wish iTunes would let you change that field with multiple songs selected though. Going one song at a time will take forever.

stevenjchang

also, i guess you could put the year of release simply in front of the album instead of in place of the album. dunno if this will make any difference.