Album Cover Problem iTunes v10

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
I just downloaded version 10 and when I view everything in "Album List" mode I can't see about 20% of my album artwork. I know they are there - they were there in version 9 and I can see the artwork in "Cover Flow" mode and I see them on my iPod Classic. What gives is this another bug that needs to be reported to Apple? Thanks

blueboy714

carlosn

I noticed the same thing. If the number of tracks in the album causes the album to be "shorter" than the space taken by the artwork, then the artwork is not displayed. I guess Apple decided it was better to have all the songs together with no whitespace between them, when albums have few tracks.

Try this: change the album art size to small/medium/large. The larger it is, the less albums get the art, because the number of tracks makes them too "short" relative to the tall album artwork.

Silly!

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
Yep - that's what is going on. I've got it displayed on Medium and it's not showing anything with 4 tracks or less. Unfortunate since most of these albums are long jazz jams or, in my case, concerts with only one or two tracks. Thanks carlosn

IMHO, Apple really dropped the ball on this one. I wish I wouldn't have upgraded to v10.

Sparkee

It's not a bug, it's a feature. ;) I think the idea is to help clean it up a little, I think it would work if you have mostly full albums with a few singles. Not sure what it is but an album needs 4 or 5 songs for the artwork to show up. To change it, while the Music section is open, check the View/Always Show Artwork and every album no mater how small will show its art.

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
It's not a bug, it's a feature. ;) I think the idea is to help clean it up a little, I think it would work if you have mostly full albums with a few singles. Not sure what it is but an album needs 4 or 5 songs for the artwork to show up. To change it, while the Music section is open, check the View/Always Show Artwork and every album no mater how small will show its art.
Thanks Sparkee - that did the trick. It fixed the bug/feature/stupid upgrade.

blueboy714