album artwork not showing on the iPod.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

I have an 8 year old iPod. Still works great. I'm using another computer to load CDs on it. All I have to do is to prevent automatic sync and I can add songs. It works.
The problem is the album art will not show up. I look for thr album art on Google, save it, then go onto song info and add the artwork. It shows up on iTunes but not on my iPod. Can you explain why?

cjmnews

Staff member
Usually this is caused by the song being originally synced without the artwork, and the addition of the artwork does not get synced to the iPod.

Try removing the song from the iPod, then put it back on.

DR0570

Well I deleted the songs and put them back on, the album cover restored. But later a I had to do something else and connected it to the computer again, now the artwork is gone again...... except of course when I connect it to the computer with iTunes, it shows up there, just not on the iPod. The album with this problem is “Egypt Station” by Paul McCartney. Ripped from CD.

cjmnews

Staff member
Does that album have the artwork embedded in it for sure?

You can create a smart playlist in iTunes to see which tracks don't have art associated with them
File->New->Smart Playlist
Rules:
match Music
Has Artwork is false
checked Live Updating
Click OK

If the tracks from that album are in the resulting playlist, then the embedded artwork is missing for those tracks.
Find your artwork you want and add them to these tracks.
Then remove the tracks from the iPod, and put them back on.