Album art messed up on iPod touch.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Darkalias4747

Website
myspace.com
On certen songs on the touch, the album art is wrong, but when i check it in itunes, its the right album art. idk, its werid. For instance i was listening to Jack's Mannequin's "The Mixed Tape" and as the album art it had the PCDs cover. any way to correct this?

Darkalias4747

Website
myspace.com
No. I don't even use itunes to get my album art. I get them my self and add them to iTunes manualy. I should have mentioned that this has barely started. I got the touch a week after they came out. So its barely started doing this the other day. I'm running on windows vista. help please.

yensed

Anti-Fanboy.
Website
www.digg.com
Darkalias4747 said:
No. I don't even use itunes to get my album art. I get them my self and add them to iTunes manualy. I should have mentioned that this has barely started. I got the touch a week after they came out. So its barely started doing this the other day. I'm running on windows vista. help please.
Sounds like something is happening with the Album Art(Which is just a hidden image file) is getting tied to multiple files. If you don't mind me asking, Why don't you just use iTunes to find your album art for you?

yensed

Anti-Fanboy.
Website
www.digg.com
Darkalias4747 said:
honostly?? No clue. Just got use to it. I've always done it. Do u think if I did that, that It will fix my problem??
More then likely, Yes. iTunes is really accurate when it comes to finding album art. And if it can't find the correct album art, it won't apply anything to the file. So you may still have to go out and find album art for a few songs.. I had to redo all my album art in iTunes because the Zune Marketplace used album art which was like 200x200 - Which looked like crap on the iPod Touch.

Sparkee

On certen songs on the touch, the album art is wrong, but when i check it in itunes, its the right album art.
I don't have a touch or iPhone, but this is an issue with older iPods where the iPod's album artwork cache gets messed up once you have added new artwork at random times. I ran into this issue a number of times when I was adding artwork to my music over a period of a few months. It shouldn't happen any more once you have your artwork done.

Now since I don't have a newer iPod I can only speak about what I have. Look under the iPod's Music preferences tab in iTunes for "Display album artwork on your iPod" and remove the check mark, then click the Apply button. Once the touch has finished resyncing check the option and apply again. iTunes should rebuild the iPod's artwork cache and resync again. Please post back if this works or not.

Why don't you just use iTunes to find your album art for you?
One reason I don't let iTunes find artwork is it does not embed it into the mp3 files. It keeps it in it's own cache in the iTunes Music folder assigning the appropriate artwork to the music file when played. It does work great and does not increase the mp3's file size if that is important to you. When I make my mp3's it is for the long term. I have used many media programs and mp3 players before iTunes and the iPod. I want my album art as well as the other info embedded into the mp3 so it is there if and when something better than iTunes or the iPod comes out.

Darkalias4747

Website
myspace.com
okay, i was going to try to reset the album art by unclicking the 'sync album' and then syning my ipod and then clicking 'sync album' art and syning the ipod again, but the ipod touch options dont have that feature. so what i'm doing right now is detete everything from the ipod and then puting it back on. if that doesnt work i'm gonna reset the ipod and if that dosn't work, i'll let itunes get my album art. i'll let ya'll know what happen.

torias

But it will happen again!!!

I had the same problem, so I restored my touch last week and it seemed to fix the messed up album artwork. But today, it started again.

What's the weirdest about this is - I'll just give an example -
Playing a Jack Johnson song it shows me a Psychedelic Furs album cover when in portrait position. When you turn the touch sideways, to the cover flow view, it shows the correct album cover !!

So what gives? I don't want to restore my touch every week or more - it is the slowest synching ipod I've ever had - the 16 GB touch is so much slower than my 60GB Video iPod, I can't believe it.

I'm enjoying actually seeing my album covers while playing music on the touch (I realized some covers I had never really "seen" before), but it's not much good if it doesn't show the right one. Anyone have a fix for this?

yensed

Anti-Fanboy.
Website
www.digg.com
torias said:
I had the same problem, so I restored my touch last week and it seemed to fix the messed up album artwork. But today, it started again.

Playing a Jack Johnson song it shows me a Psychedelic Furs album cover when in portrait position. When you turn the touch sideways, to the cover flow view, it shows the correct album cover !!

So what gives? I don't want to restore my touch every week or more - it is the slowest synching ipod I've ever had - the 16 GB touch is so much slower than my 60GB Video iPod, I can't believe it.

I'm enjoying actually seeing my album covers while playing music on the touch (I realized some covers I had never really "seen" before), but it's not much good if it doesn't show the right one. Anyone have a fix for this?
Maybe you have 2 album art pictures associated with 1 song.. I would recommend removing all album art and have iTunes search for all of it.

torias

Thanks - I might try it

I don't think I have any multiple covers associated with 1 song, but I suppose it's possible. Is there a quick way to remove all album art? Like a box you check somewhere?

I have used the new iTunes to go get album art, but I assume it's only getting art where I don't already have it? It doesn't take that long (I have 8500 songs) and ends up telling me there's about 95 songs it couldn't find art for - most of those are either no album title songs or some oddball albums or things that were not sold commercially.

For now, I'm going to bed while my restored touch syncs 2000 songs. :p

skytalon

Darkalias4747 said:
well I think I fixed it. I removed everything from the touch and then put it back. Which, btw, took forever. It seems like it works now.
That's what I did with mine. I just wiped it then synced, and had no problems since then.

JMAS

torias said:

I got the exact same problem! Only that it´s the other way round: When i have the list view the artwork is ok, but when I go to the cover flow view some artworks just get messed up and I don´t know why. Some artworks are not shown in cover flow at all even though they are shown in iTunes.... I don´t get it!

Is there a real solution for this problem? Cause deleting everything and syncing again isn´t really the best thing as far as I´m concerned. Just takes too long.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
no solution yet, i think its going to have to be a patch on itunes end. Only recently on my iphone i have been having the same problem. All the artwork displayed fine until i added more songs. Whenever i add new songs i go to my "iphone playlist" and hit "get album art". The issue is portrait art work being wrong, but then cover flow is correct.

downfall

same problem here. Only happens on a couple albums at a time and it's either wrong in portraint mode or wrong on the album list in portrait mode but never wrong in both places.
I usually delete that album from the Ipod and then re add it and it's fixed but then another one ends up being wrong later.

I noticed it after the latest patch

angusshangus

Anyone solve this w/o a restore? All the song by U2 on my Touch show the wrong album art when playing a song but in cover flow they show the right art!!!!

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
Yet another reason why the iPhone does not have the best iPod ever made. On a personal note, ive tried hard to see cover flow as a "cool" feature, but its more of a novelty in my eyes. As long as the song plays im ok.

yensed

Anti-Fanboy.
Website
www.digg.com
I ended up getting this problem as well. Whats real strange is that random screen shots from video podcasts were becoming the album art... I had to delete all the music from my iPod and put them back on. So far, everything seems good.