Airport Express bypass via wireless adapter?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bordeaaj

I have tried to use the Airport Express to receive music streamed from iTunes via an existing wireless network (WinXP with Netgear Super G router) with limited success so I ended up returning the unit. After the initial wired ethernet configuration process, unplugging, and hooking up to the desired stereo system it would work very well as long as the music kept playing...once the music stopped the AX seemed to lose track of the wireless signal and had to be plugged in via ethernet and rebooted to be found by the computer again. Anyway, I saw on another forum that someone was having similar trouble with their Roku Soundbridge wireless music receiver so they bypassed the Roku by plugging a wireless adapter into it with ethernet cable and configuring their router to see the adapter rather than the Roku. That way their unreliable and unprectable Roku behaved as if it was plugged directly into the computer via ethernet and worked perfectly. Has anyone tried this with the also unreliable, unpredictable Airport Express?

Last edited: