After Restoring, I Cannot Upload Music into iTunes for Windows

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

warrenpage

Hello, everyone, I have a 32 GB iPod Touch, 5th Generation, and am experiencing problems with it and iTunes. It’s complicated.

I made the mistake of restoring my iPod this morning, because I wanted to load it with music from scratch. I felt restoring it would remove everything.

After restoring the iPod Touch, I connected it with iTunes (for Windows). I set the Music settings to synch the entire music library.

I then tried to load some MP3 files from my hard drive to iTunes. I couldn’t. The icon has a round circle with a line through it, which indicates the files won’t be uploaded. I had absolutely no idea whatsoever how to solve this problem. I set a passcode on my iPod, which I never did before. I thought that might have something to do with it.

So, of course, I restored the iPod AGAIN. This time, I had absolutely no trouble whatsoever loading files onto the iPod. However, there was yet another problem. Every file that loaded successfully into my iPod had a duplicate listed in iTunes, that was greyed out, indicating it wasn’t loaded. I regret not taking a screen shot of the screen.

So, I deleted everything from the iPod. I didn’t restore it again. I just deleted it.

Now, I’m back again to not being able to load music. Again, the circle with the red line is appearing. I can’t upload music into iTunes now.
I’m totally confused and perplexed. I have a feeling I’m probably overlooking something basic and simple. I hope so, and I hope someone here can guide me through the process of getting this solved.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you so much. W. Page

warrenpage

I think I figured it out. I did, yeah, overlook something. I forgot to go into Summary, Options, and select Manually Manage Music and Videos. That's all I needed to do.

cjmnews

Staff member
The restore process sets the defaults back to auto-sync. Glad you found the solution.