Adding features to iPhone and or iPad

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JimPar4

I hope someone can tell me if adding features to an iPhone and or iPAD like multi-tasking, ability to play flash, and more sync capabilities are software or hardware updates? I thought I would ask this group as you seem to know what is going on and an iPhone is close to the proposed new iPad.

Thank you

Edit to add: - I don't care about the camera for now, but would feel bad if I got one and had to get another one to get multi-tasking, play flash, and improved sync capability.

Last edited by a moderator:

sracer

I hope someone can tell me if adding features to an iPhone and or iPAD like multi-tasking, ability to play flash, and more sync capabilities are software or hardware updates? I thought I would ask this group as you seem to know what is going on and an iPhone is close to the proposed new iPad.

Thank you

Edit to add: - I don't care about the camera for now, but would feel bad if I got one and had to get another one to get multi-tasking, play flash, and improved sync capability.
If those things are important to you then I recommend waiting until the iPad offers those things. It is possible that some of those things can be implemented with a software update, but nothing is a "sure thing"... so even if Apple has the intention of adding it via a software update there is no guarantee that it will be possible... or that a business justification prevents them from doing it.

Better to sit and wait it out than to jump the gun and be disappointed.

kornchild2002

Back in the day, Adobe and Apple were working to get Flash up and running on the iPod touch and iPhone. Apple abandoned the project as Flash is a resource hog. Adding Flash to the iPhone and iPod touch (now including the iPad) would drastically reduce battery life so Apple didn't want to go with it.

Adobe is still working on Flash for Apple's portable devices but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even then, Flash browsing wouldn't be all that great. You would likely get about 3-4 hours of browsing Flash heavy websites on the latest iPhone or iPod touch. The same hold true for netbooks though. I have an HP netbook with hardware accelerated Flash playback. I can get about 6 hour of usage when browsing standard websites through wi-fi. That gets cut down to 3 hours when Flash heavy websites are included.