Add songs to an itunes playlist from windows

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

McMark

I create playlists in windows pc media player then import them to itunes. What's the best way to add more songs to a playlist later?

In the past, I have deleted the old itunes playlist and re-imported the new pc playlist. But I sometimes have to fix the itunes playlist for some songs, and don't want to have to re-do that every time.

thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
Using 2 players to deal with media can be painful. They are not always compatible.

You could use iTunes for playlist creation, there is a menu item in File->New to create playlists. This means the songs would have to be in iTunes to use the functionality. If you tend to move songs around the hard drive into different folders, iTunes does not play well with that.

If the files are not moved on the hard drive, then drag them from Windows Explorer and dropping on your iTunes Library (upper left column of iTunes) will add the new files to iTunes.

BEFORE you do this, you need to decide how to manage your music. In Edit->Preferences, Advanced tab there are a couple of options you want to look at first.

I think you may want to keep the files where they are and not move them around and organize them by Artist and Album. Which means you want to uncheck both of these options.

Keep iTunes Media folder organizedAutomatically put imported music into folders for album and artist.
Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to libraryCopy an item to the iTunes Media folder when you drag the item to the iTunes window or choose File > Add to Library.
If you want items to appear in iTunes but also remain in their original location, deselect this checkbox. For example, you can keep music imported from CDs on your computer and save your video files on an external storage device.

Unless I am mistaken and you would prefer a library organized under Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\<Artist>\<Album>\<Song name>.<ext>
then check both boxes. Then you will need to delete the original files to keep the disc space clear and prevent duplicate songs.

McMark

Using 2 players to deal with media can be painful. They are not always compatible.
Thanks.
It's actually worked tolerably well for a few years, but has suddenly gotten worse.
Like I said in the other thread, I only update the itunes playlist every six months or so. Because it is time intensive indeed.