Add comments to movie script please

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pamix

I need a script that will override the iTunes default option to embed data into the comments field of a movie, because iTunes only allows for 255 chars! Which flies the metadata specification for the .mov format as it dictates there is no limit, this is proven in QuickTime Pro which allows any length of comments to be added to a .mov file.

I don't see why iTunes has this limit, and I don't want to have to pay for and use QT Pro. The only issue that may arise (except for iTunes crashing I suppose :) ) would be that in the metadata of the file, if I used a script to enter more than 255 chars, might not completely show up in iTunes.

I am referring to the 'comments' field.

I don't know how to program but if somebody can sympathise with my requirements, someone who understands what metadata means in a world of movies, then please can you help.

Thank you.

S2_Mac

An Applescript won't help at all, since a script can only tell iTunes to do things it knows how to do. And since what iTunes does is truncate Comment at 255 characters, no script can make it do more than that.

pamix

Lets life this 255 char ban with a petition!

It's still an issue, I've written to Apple and received no reply so I've set up a petition and anybody who think's my reasoning that the 255 char limit should be lifted I would appreciate for you to sign it.

Spread the word.