Acura/Honda iPod Music Link Issue

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

shermshermy

I have owned the Acura Music Link since shortly after it was released (December 2005/January 2006). In the past few months a problem has developed. Previously, if I used the car's hands free (bluetooth) interface with my cell phone, the iPod would be automatically paused (much like the system pauses CDs or Cassette tapes if you use the car's bluetooth interface). Recently, it stopped pausing.

This is a real problem because I frequently listen to audible.com selections. If I receive a phone call, the "book on tape" keeps running during the call and because the Music Link doesn't provide a way to rewind, I have to disconnect the iPod, insert headphones, figure out where is left off, etc...

I took the car to the Acura dealership. With my help, they were able to recreate the problem. However, "technical support" is telling them that the iPod never paused when calls came in. That is not part of its normal functionality.

I feel like I am going crazy (plus I am out the $200 for the link, plus $200 installation).

Can anyone confirm that the iPod does pause during bluetooth phonecalls when the Music Link is working correctly?

My sanity thanks you.

tbergman

I hate to deliver bad news but the Music Link in my MDX does not pause for calls either.

Tom

shermshermy said:
I have owned the Acura Music Link since shortly after it was released (December 2005/January 2006). In the past few months a problem has developed. Previously, if I used the car's hands free (bluetooth) interface with my cell phone, the iPod would be automatically paused (much like the system pauses CDs or Cassette tapes if you use the car's bluetooth interface). Recently, it stopped pausing.

This is a real problem because I frequently listen to audible.com selections. If I receive a phone call, the "book on tape" keeps running during the call and because the Music Link doesn't provide a way to rewind, I have to disconnect the iPod, insert headphones, figure out where is left off, etc...

I took the car to the Acura dealership. With my help, they were able to recreate the problem. However, "technical support" is telling them that the iPod never paused when calls came in. That is not part of its normal functionality.

I feel like I am going crazy (plus I am out the $200 for the link, plus $200 installation).

Can anyone confirm that the iPod does pause during bluetooth phonecalls when the Music Link is working correctly?

My sanity thanks you.