• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

About the show Survivor

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chuckley

Is this like a real popular show (like American idol viewing fiures) in the US??? (coz the website dont say much!)

Coz I saw the first series and then the UK copied, and it BOMBED real bad, and only survived 2 series. They just wernt as 'hungry' (another word maybe...) as americans. BUT now i see ya'll are on series 10, which SHOCKED ME!!!!!!!!

Now im currently watching series 10 and its just the BEST reality show ever :D im so obsessed ive had to resport to buying previous series DVD's on ebay.

Just wondered about the show...... *HATES KATIE*

P.S. i have NO idea why they stopped showing the US 1 over here!

skateboarderx24

Alternative Fuel Advocate
Website
www.schumanautomotive.com
survivor is highly overrated....reality shows in themselves blow..sure some are interesting but..i think survivor has just milked the preverbial cow...3 seasons are enough not..10

rooostishaw

Down with IE--Use Mozilla
Ya, the show gets old after oh, say the ... 3ed time.
Definatly not ten!

Last edited:

neb

Consider yourselves lucky, we just get Ant & Dec and a load of washed up celebrities in a jungle..............fun...............

rooostishaw

Down with IE--Use Mozilla
smorzander said:
.... unless they do it in a cold place.... like siberia, now that would be cool.
I agree, the never have enough action or danger. It just gets boring after a while.
~rooostishaw~

skateboarderx24

Alternative Fuel Advocate
Website
www.schumanautomotive.com
yes those "survivors" have been living the good life...tropical island...well there was the time in africa..but anywho..they need to freeze ..or the cast must be all stuck up white kids that think they are street and need to be dumped in like compton or something like that let them see wat street life is....now id like to see that

chuckley

ya'll realy find it boring???? even after all the twists and turns???

what happened with like the winners of the show do they like appear on TV alot and sign up for this and that??? and basicaly 'milk their fame'??

i could never tire of the format :D its like big brother... addictive! :D

neb - i agree. thats real rubbish compared to this.

atomx

smorzander said:
it will not go past season 12.... unless they do it in a cold place.... like siberia, now that would be cool.
Use your head! Cold = heavy clothing = no young women in bikinis. It'll NEVER happen.

dragfree

Simple-minded
atomx said:
Use your head! Cold = heavy clothing = no young women in bikinis. It'll NEVER happen.
I suspect that shirtless young men might account for a significant percentage of audience share, too. Most of the habitual viewers I know are heterosexual women. Of course, they also get hooked on the intrigue of interpersonal relationships and shifting alliances, as do I, though when I have watched the show consistently it has been because of players whose character I respect, like Ian and Tom on the current iteration.

cPod08

Proud Podster :)
I watch it sometimes, but they should have a real survivor challenge (not a social survivor) where they're actually stranded with nothing and no reward challenges, and they would have to hunt for ALL their food and whoever places last in the immunity challenge goes home, not people voting each other off.. that might make for an interesting show actually!

whymillywhy

Almost Jesus
I sometimes watch the first episode of the season, then I have no idea whats going on. but the show is pretty stupid, I did watch it more when they had that ruben guy, he was pretty cool, but now its crap, I hate Boston Rob and I think the producer, Mark Burnett, is full of himself

atomx

dragfree said:
I suspect that shirtless young men might account for a significant percentage of audience share, too. Most of the habitual viewers I know are heterosexual women. Of course, they also get hooked on the intrigue of interpersonal relationships and shifting alliances
Point taken...got caught oversimplifying...

How about this for a fun Survivor: put together a bunch of type A executives like Ted Turner, Ken Lay, Donald Trump, Michael Eisner, Martha Stewart, etc. and watch them chew each other up. Definitely lacking in sex appeal, but it would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

chuckley

dragfree said:
I suspect that shirtless young men might account for a significant percentage of audience share, too. Most of the habitual viewers I know are heterosexual women. Of course, they also get hooked on the intrigue of interpersonal relationships and shifting alliances, as do I, though when I have watched the show consistently it has been because of players whose character I respect, like Ian and Tom on the current iteration.
YEAH!!!!!!! tom is best i hope he wins he deserves it! ian close second.... i agree id say most viewers were women...

chuckley

cPod08 said:
I watch it sometimes, but they should have a real survivor challenge (not a social survivor) where they're actually stranded with nothing and no reward challenges, and they would have to hunt for ALL their food and whoever places last in the immunity challenge goes home, not people voting each other off.. that might make for an interesting show actually!
LOL that could work.... but its deep... people could die...

dragfree

Simple-minded
atomx said:
How about this for a fun Survivor: put together a bunch of type A executives like Ted Turner, Ken Lay, Donald Trump, Michael Eisner, Martha Stewart, etc. and watch them chew each other up. Definitely lacking in sex appeal, but it would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.
You might be onto something! Gotta throw Larry Ellison into the mix, too. Of course, they all might just get along great, singing songs at the campfire, giving powerpoint presentations on their areas of individual expertise, developing cooperative strategies for taking over the world--heck, sounds like a Bohemian Grove retreat! :)