Abient techno-ish chillout music

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PrintNameHere

Give me albums or really long songs please. Like those mellow abient "techno" songs to listen to when you are in..."alternative state of mind."

Thanks.

Sypher

transmissions94
Website
www.undergroundhiphop.com
Anything by Boards of Canada. (albums - Music Has The Right To Children, and Geogaddi)
DJ Shadow - 'Midnight in a Perfect World'
Autechre
Air - Talkie Walkie and Moon Safari. Oh and the song 'Alone In Kyoto' specifically.. its not that long though.
Amon Tobin - Supermodified
Anything by LTJ Bukem, The Orb, Leftfield, Orbital

PrintNameHere

Thanks for the recomendations guys.

Can you name me an album that you would absolutely want out of all of the artists on your list?

punxking

Punk's Not Dead...
-Sasha & Digweed: Northern Exposure
-Blue Amazon: Javelin
-The Sound of Revolution*

*In particular the version of "Bullet" by Fluke that opens up this disc is great.

WalrusFLAKES

Website
www.gtaforums.com
OK, this isn't just Ambient chillout, it's also trip-hop and deep house, but I chill out to all kinds of electronica.

Blue Six, Thievery Corporation, The Nude Dimension series of albums, The Reindeer Room (album), DJ Shadow, some of Groove Armada's music is perfect, Sounds from the Ground, Zero 7, So much more.

Check all those out. If you like mellow music, especially for "alternate states of mind", I'd also recommend dub reggae like King Tubby.

PrintNameHere

Man, Boards of Canada are owning me right now and I am not even ..."different" (hint hint). I downloaded the album (sue me I am Canadian) but I may just go out and buy it.

I also got an Amon Tobin album and are liking it. I remember he had a song in Menikmati.

I will have to look into some of this DJ Shadow since it has been recommended twice.

Keep the recomendations coming!

Kidtnt27

You can also check out the Vere Remixed 3 or VOl. 3....I do not know if that is the type of music you are looking for....but it is a pretty decent cd none the less.

mdumond

Check out this online radio station:
live365.com search for "Chillout Beats"

It should give you a lot of great leads on tracks/artists in the chillout genre.