AAC music onto Palm

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

skruggie

I was wondering if anyone has had the experience of puting music which was coded for the ipod onto a palm pda - I am buying the new one that just came out, and it has a 4 gig hard drive. I would like to keep some music on it for the times where I don't want to have both my pda and ipod out at the same time, such as on a train. I read that the palm won't read protected aac files, does anyone know if it reads regular non-protected aac files that I have riped myself?

And if not, does anyone keep duplicates of files in mp3 format for these types of devices? Any types of organizational suggestions to keep it all straight?

melsmusic

You can only put the mp3's on the palm pda but the ipod will take mp3's so you could rip some selected CD's in as mp3's instead of AAC and these will go into both the ipod & palm.

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
skruggie said:
I was wondering if anyone has had the experience of puting music which was coded for the ipod onto a palm pda - I am buying the new one that just came out, and it has a 4 gig hard drive. I would like to keep some music on it for the times where I don't want to have both my pda and ipod out at the same time, such as on a train. I read that the palm won't read protected aac files, does anyone know if it reads regular non-protected aac files that I have riped myself?

And if not, does anyone keep duplicates of files in mp3 format for these types of devices? Any types of organizational suggestions to keep it all straight?
Well, if your Palm is like most other Palms, it will come with RealPlayer. So, if you wanted to keep your Palm songs seperate from your iPod songs, you can rip/download/store them all on RealPlayer. It should be that anything you encode on RealPlayer on the computer will work on your Palm. :)

Galley

Website
www.galleytech.com
AeroPlayer plays .m4a AAC files and MP3, but it's not that great of a player. It's also $34.95 for lifetime upgrades. :(

Kinoma Player 3 EX also plays AAC, but not MP3. It does display the album artwork if present in the file. It also does video and photos. I'm leaning towards this one. $20 :D

Pocket Tunes, which comes with the LifeDrive is a great player, but does not support AAC and probably never will because of licensing costs. :(

RealPlayer is a decent player that supports MP3 and RealAudio 10 AAC, plus tracks purchased from the RealPlayer Music Store. It does not support .m4a AAC. It's FREE.

All you have to do to export music to the LifeDrive is to drag files from iTunes onto the proper folder in the LifeDrive Manager app. I created a playlist in iTunes with 1GB of random files.