AAC Duplicates

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
I got tired of not being able to get all the songs on my computer in my library onto my iPod, so I've started to convert to WAV. I haven't been able to find any differences in quality really. This does cut down on space on my iPod right? Anyways, I have an AAC and a WAV version, and I was wondering if I should delete all the AAC Duplicates? If not, what's another good way to get them out of my library or something?

Thank you.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Whats a good way to get them out of the library? It's called the delete button! :)

Hopefully it will prompt you for deletion from the hard drive as well, but you may not want to get rid of them yet.

I find the changing to wav an odd thing. Those files are HUGE. Why are you converting from AAC to wav again? WAV is high quality, and you aren't going to gain anything back from the AAC file in converting...

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Hold up.

I thought WAV took up less hard drive space than AAC? My iPod supposedly holds 5000 songs, and I don't even have 3000 sogns and my iPod's full. How do I fix this?

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
You were mistaken. Wav an uncompressed audio format.

You need to stick with AAC, but check at what bitrate they are ripped at. The 5000 song mark is based off of an average of 4 minute songs ripped at 128 KBS, if you ripped at anything higher, you will fit less songs on your iPod.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Depends on your ears. Some will say significant, some will say they don't care.

Set your preferred encoding setting in the import options in iTunes. Then select a song in your library and go to advanced ... Convert song too... (it should say what you are converting it to, sans bitrate, double check the bitrate in preferences). And select it. It will make a copy of the song to allow you to compare to the original. If you don't think the quality is significant, do it, if you do, don't. It probably won't show up on low end systems/headphones, but if you have high end equipment, I bet you'll notice.

Stuart