• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

A week after ...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Thesorus

A full week after getting my first iPod ... Here's a few notes, comments about it.

About the hardware : I really like it, I like the feel of it, it feels sturdy enough, not that I'm brutalizing it, but I use it, I always have it with me, work transit, at work, at the gym, on the road on my bike (at low volume, and on bike trails), didn't skip, freeze of had any problem at all.

The only harware problem I have, is the remote and it's clip, it's useless (the clip) it doesn't attach hard enough on anything, the thooth is too small, less than 1/2 cm, I had to be really carefull to where I put it to not have it drop anytime I use it, beside the clip, the remote works fine.

About the Windows software(s) : I didn't like music match, so I removed it, and use only ephpod, it works, there's a few crashes, maybe 1/2 dozen times, mostly bad l'user manipulation (unmounting the iPod, and continue using ephPod, ... ).
I'not sure exactly how or what syncing is supposed to do, I have a large collection of ripped CDs, and I mostly manually dropped the ones I want to have on the iPod, remove the music I don't want. I will try the other softwares. and I haven't use iTune on Mac for some times now, and never with an iPod.

I'm not a huge fan of Playlists, never had a reason to use them, and I still don't, maybe I have too look deeply into them, and their use with the iPod.

Until iTune for Windows comes out, I will do all of this manually.

All in all, i love the iPod.

Max.

mongoos150

Thesorus said:
A full week after getting my first iPod ... Here's a few notes, comments about it.

About the hardware : I really like it, I like the feel of it, it feels sturdy enough, not that I'm brutalizing it, but I use it, I always have it with me, work transit, at work, at the gym, on the road on my bike (at low volume, and on bike trails), didn't skip, freeze of had any problem at all.

The only harware problem I have, is the remote and it's clip, it's useless (the clip) it doesn't attach hard enough on anything, the thooth is too small, less than 1/2 cm, I had to be really carefull to where I put it to not have it drop anytime I use it, beside the clip, the remote works fine.

About the Windows software(s) : I didn't like music match, so I removed it, and use only ephpod, it works, there's a few crashes, maybe 1/2 dozen times, mostly bad l'user manipulation (unmounting the iPod, and continue using ephPod, ... ).
I'not sure exactly how or what syncing is supposed to do, I have a large collection of ripped CDs, and I mostly manually dropped the ones I want to have on the iPod, remove the music I don't want. I will try the other softwares. and I haven't use iTune on Mac for some times now, and never with an iPod.

I'm not a huge fan of Playlists, never had a reason to use them, and I still don't, maybe I have too look deeply into them, and their use with the iPod.

Until iTune for Windows comes out, I will do all of this manually.

All in all, i love the iPod.

Max.
Welcome to the boards, Max! Good call going with Ephpod.