• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

A very simple sound sync fix

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

onlydarksets

Fireman-911 said:
OK, maybe I'm just dumb, but what "device" would I choose? the Ipod is not there....
It doesn't matter, because you aren't converting the video stream. Just select anything, like PC.

Fireman-911

Website
fireman-911.blogspot.com
Thanks for the reply! I kinda figured out what to do! LOL

Now, I've got a couple of files that didn't sync up quite right, but I must have missed something. Is there a way that I can re-sync files that I have already uploaded to Itunes?

Rbiz

i found the PocketDivxEncoder to be a terrible program, although your tuturial was excellent. Maybe my program was corrupted somehow, does anyone else have the layout of the program cause overlaps with buttons/options/etc. Especially the "change output settings" page. did anyone else have this problem? Because i really need to fix my audio syncing. It is so bad that in most videos, i estimate audio is out 5-10 seconds

onlydarksets

Rbiz said:
i found the PocketDivxEncoder to be a terrible program, although your tuturial was excellent. Maybe my program was corrupted somehow, does anyone else have the layout of the program cause overlaps with buttons/options/etc. Especially the "change output settings" page. did anyone else have this problem? Because i really need to fix my audio syncing. It is so bad that in most videos, i estimate audio is out 5-10 seconds
Start by disabling WindowBlinds or StyleXP - if you are using something like that to skin your system, that is the most likely culprit.

Rbiz

onlydarksets said:
Start by disabling WindowBlinds or StyleXP - if you are using something like that to skin your system, that is the most likely culprit.
sorry I am a bit of a noob at this, but how might i do that?

onlydarksets

Rbiz said:
sorry I am a bit of a noob at this, but how might i do that?
Your answer indicates you aren't using either of those programs (the programs let you change the appearance of your windows, start menu, etc.). Sorry, but I don't have any other suggestions...

Mr Goodbyte

Has anyone used this techniques for the Lord Of The Rings films, if so what do you have to check to get the subtitles to stay. I don't know what there saying in Elvish!

gibsonsg61

NO Sound?

does this also solve the problem that occurs with some dvds ;ike Lost Season 2, where there is NO sound whatsoever? that would happen in videora

Test12345678

its not working with avi files. if i try to transfer them it doesn't let me adjust video and audio to highest settings. seems like the program isn't very thorough. can you post clearer instructions on what to do if its NOT a vob?

thanks

kespodder

McLounger
It didn't work for me. My problem was having no audio at all, with video working fine. I started out with DVD Decrypter, then the PocketDIvXEncoder, and then Videora. I'm trying to get Grey's Anatomy. Any ideas?

MuleDoe

I downloaded the newest verison of this program. I do all that you say, and when i go back to play it just to see if it works. I have no video at all. I put it on the ipod just to check, and i get audio, no video. Plays as it was a .mp3 file.

Anyone else having that problem with the program?
Has this even work for anyone to begin with?

ron519098

Laid-back Lounger
I've only had a problem with sound out of synch in one movie so far.

"The Matrix"

So used the DVDDecrypter > PocketDIvXEncoder > Videora route as suggested at the top of this thread.

It worked fine inasmuch as the sound synch problem was solved but it only encoded around 15 minutes worth of the movie.

Huh?

:confused:

Live The G

Koshiro said:
I'm bumping my post. I've seen a lot of people asking about audio sync.

This has worked with every movie that I tried it on so far. I have 30 DVDs on my iPod among other things. I think I have tested it out quite extensively.

Don't take my word for it though, try it out yourself.
Hope this works, I've got video's working so far just havent configured Audio yet. Hopefully this is the answer to my problems.

pcb4u

Thank you so much...finally got my Matrix DVD on the iPOD with sound and video sync'd. I went with DVDFabDecrypt>PocketDivXEncoder>Videora....works fine.

The whole DVD to iPOD sounded great until I tried it! Whew....too many variables but I think if I go the same route with my other DVDs all should be OK.

Time: 15 minutes DVD rip, Encode about 45 minutes, MP4 created in 80 minutes or so.

floepie

I'm not sure why you would need to re-encode twice. Why can't you simply do a direct stream copy of both the audio and video to create one big mpeg2 based AVI to maintain the quality of the DVD. THEN, use Videora to re-encode. Of course, you would need an extra 5 GB or so for that AVI file. AND, it would take less time. I think VirtualDubMod could do this.

dale71395

Why will it not work for me

When I try to run PocketDivXEncoder

I get an error message

Can't open "C:\Documents and settings\Joes\Desktop\VTS_03_1_Archos.avi: The system cannot find the file specified

please help

Thanks

secott51

Getting Subtitles to Show up on Foreign films

Hi
I found your post after I ended up with the Incredibles on my ipod with the sound and video out of sync. Using your instructions fixed that problem. Thanks alot. Anyway, I am studying japanese and like to watch Japanese movies but I like to have the subtitles. When I decrypted My Neighbor Totoro, I checked the boxes for Japanese audio and English subtitles, but I ended up with Japanese audio, English video (titles in English, actors who dubbed to english), and no subtitles. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks in advance.
Sharon