A/V dock with on-screen video access?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mr. E.

Barca Lounger
I occassionally watch videos on the the iPod, but more often I just use it as a go-between to get video from the computer to the TV, but this is a pain, especially when I'm watching a series of 5 minute podcasts and have to keep going back over to the TV to find the next one (aside: why can't on-the-go playlists be used for video?), so I'm thinking a dock with a remote might be the solution, but nothing I look at seems to allow on screen selection of video. I assume they will still output video to the TV, but not allowing you to see the video menus on the TV seems a little odd. So I'm wondering:

Are there any docks that will allow you to browse your video collection on-screen?
If not, will the remote still allow you to scroll through the iPod, assuming you can read the screen accross the room?
What dock(s) work best for you when getting video from your iPod to your TV?

solvexyz

Browsing the Video Collection and Photo on TV is not yet possible due to Apple not exposing an interface for the 3rd party dock manufacturer to work with. I think Apple is thinking their iTV for this purpose.

You can browse the music collection on tv with DLO HomeDock Delux though.

Mr. E.

Barca Lounger
Thanks. I've been poking around and noticed that the few on-screen menu docks don't do video. It's too bad. It'd be a nice feature. Seems like iTV would have enough going for it without Apple needing to handicap the products they already have just to sell it.