A Screen I Have Never Seen Before

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheSilentDawn

I plugged in my iPod into my computer to update it. When I did so, a screen appeared with a disc (what looked like CD) and a magnifying glass over the right section of the disc. There was also a status bar on the bottom. While this was going on the hard drive spun up for the duration of the time the bar was on the screen. After the it finished whatever it was doing it shut down like I had never plugged it in. I replugged it in, and everything appeared to work. After this reinstalled the software on my iPod, because I thought that would be prudent. Is this something I need to worry about? Thanks for any input.

mdobilas

Reductio Ad Absurdum
Website
lifescan.com
Have you recently downloaded the newer version of Itunes? Cause it looks like you installed the newer Ipod software onto your ipod.

TheSilentDawn

I downloaded the new version of iTunes, 4.7.1, right after it was released, so about one or two weeks ago. I have synced my iPod a number to times since I installed the new iTunes. I also forgot yo mention that I have a 3G iPod with the latest software for sometime.

Judas1012

Grade-A Beef
Website
www.jeffhoppe.com
It's the iPod's built-in hard drive check. Since the iPod is portable, the hard drive could get slightly damaged from time to time from jarring or moving. When the iPod feels that there may be an error on the hard drive, it'll run a diagnotic check (similar to running "Repair Disk" on a hard drive from Disk Utility in Mac OS X) on itself. I would highly recommend not interrupting this procedure, no matter what -- whether you gotta go to class, or you are just not patient at the time -- don't ever interrupt that procedure. It could lead to further hard drive problems.

Blue_Dawg

Brainwashed Right Winger
you can go in to the iPod and run disc check by pausing the iPod then holding the menu and play pause buttons to do a reset. once the apple logo appears you press and hold ff, rev, and the select buttons until you hear a chirp. use the ff or rev buttons to navigate to chk disk and hit select. Make sure it is plugged in to a power supply because it will drain the battery very quickly if you do not. once done do a reset and you are good to go:)