• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

A completely random "relationship" poll

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

A completely random relationship poll

• You go because they are a friend

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • You go because you are interested in being more than a friend

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • You go for a "bootycall".

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • You because you like to drive

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Ok guys and gals, here is a completely random "relationship" poll.

Lets say you have a friend of the opposite gender (or same if that trips your trigger). You've know this friend for 3 or 4 months at the most. This friend has just broken up with their "significant other". This friend invites you come see them over the holidays but they live 250+ miles (3 hours drive) away. You decide to go.

Select your answer as to why you go from the above poll options.

You may choose more than 1 option.

bdb

On the B side of life
3-4 months isn't usually enough to be very close friends, but people can get close very quickly and you weren't clear on the feelings there. Option one is a definite possibility. Option two depends on the prospects. Well, I guess option three does, too. ;)

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
I chose 1 and 3 but then I realized knowing the friend for only 3 or 4 months, wouldnt really make me feel like Im obligated to be there for them too much. So I would just go for the booty call aspect of it. I wouldnt want to be more than friends with such a person tho because they live way too far away from me.

Random poll but interesting nonetheless.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
I'd love to hear what Enjoi has to say as well.

No Bob, it's not a poll for a "guy I know", maybe a "gal I know" though...

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
I'd go for reason 2. 3 or 4 months isn't enough to be "just take a three hour trip since we're friends" friends.

kylo4

I'd go for reason two. 250 miles is a looong way to drive for a friend you've only known a few months. I'd have to be interested in her to go that distance. Having said that, if anything does come up, you could be a rebound, or she could have you go to relax and talk about the break-up with you while there. It's 50/50 what happens.

But hey, if you really want to "go the distance" with her, do it.

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
I've got a friend I met in college - she lives on Long Island - Rochester to Long Island is a 7 hour drive, 400 miles.

If she called me, I'd be down there - though I'm not sure what I'd be expecting.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
pohatu771 said:
I've got a friend I met in college - she lives on Long Island - Rochester to Long Island is a 7 hour drive, 400 miles.

If she called me, I'd be down there - though I'm not sure what I'd be expecting.
But you'd be expecting something. If she came to you what would you think?

hyroboarder

I'll put in my two cents. I'm trying to rack up posts so my posts per day rate is at least 1. Nothing would be hotter if a girl were to come see me that lived 3 hours away. A true friend would maybe want to iChat AV with you or something, I think she's asking for more.

bailer

Maybe the person invited you because she or he is also interested in being more than your friend,or maybe that person is just feeling lonely after the break up and really does not want to spend the holidays alone.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
bailer said:
Maybe the person invited you because she or he is also interested in being more than your friend,or maybe that person is just feeling lonely after the break up and really does not want to spend the holidays alone.
If that person ere alone, I would agree. If that person were spending the Holidays with family (a large one) and friends, it is different.

bailer

yeah,that I must agree with you on.But I guess also that maybe if that person is with the family it would not invite a person that he/she barely knows.

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
So whats your plan of action now then? she lives far away, so I assume it would be difficult to mantain a relationship. But then again, maybe it was just a bootycall and it worked out fine. I hope you dont mind me asking. If its too personal, then no worries.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
This was not me involved. It was a female I know and a "friend" (now boyfriend) of hers. While she drove the distance they normally live very close to each-other. By close I mean 4 doors down from each other so it is not necessarily a "long distance" relationship.