8 hour battery life...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

qwerty2k

is 8 hour battery lfie acceptable or amc i entitled to a replacement?

i charged it up fully and let it run over night on shuffle (i know for full time shuffle isnt allowed sorta thing), put the hold button on so backlight wouldnt come on, all eq's were off etc, put it on at 12 at night, alarm went off at 8am, by 8:20 it switched itself off saying no more battery left.

also, for instance if i watch say about an hour of video on it my battery is heavily in red after that and doesn't last much lnoger, video or music wise.

my ipod is a 30gig 5g, just wodnering whether this is normal or whether i should be sending back for a possible replacement?

qwerty2k

sorry, i only just read faq and saw battery performance thread :(

qwerty2k

sorry to up this but i would still like an answer if its possible?

MetalManCPA

iPod Convert
How new is your unit?

It seems that the iPod will exhibit much better battery performance after several charge cycles, at least that's what I've read. I'm on my 2nd charge cycle on my new 5G 30GB, and I was lucky to get 4+ hours out of the first. Time will tell.

MetalManCPA

iPod Convert
I guess I look at it this way.

Forget what Apple advertises for battery life. It's a trade-off. Is having 30GB of stuff with you more or less important than a battery lasting 8 hours. I purchased a car charger and an AC adapter for mine, so I won't kill the battery while sitting at a desk or driving. To me, the battery is for those times I'm not near a charge source for an extended period of time.

I also know it's about the money. But to me, spending an extra $50 for adapters (rip-off yes, but no choice) for a $300 product that could give me years and years of enjoyment is a worthwhile trade-off.

qwerty2k

but i also bought it for the option of watching video (i know its not primarily a video player) but i would like to be able to say watch and episode of lost and then still have some battery left to lsiten to some music for a few hours after, which i currently can't.

MetalManCPA

iPod Convert
At best you'll get a couple of hours of video playback. Again, if you're watching it in bed or around a power source, why not plug it in while watching so as not to use the battery?

Machnak

First day of actually using mine...battery didn't last for more than 4 and a half hours. now it lasts well over 10.

eye have no i

i just got my 30 gig at christmas at tested it maybe two weeks ago. mine only lasted only a little over nine hours, with one song on repeat and very minimal backlight activity.

the ilounge tests said theirs ran for like fifeteen hours..

TraceyS/FL

I was just getting 8 hours (without headphones) and I ran it down 3 times and charged it for the 4 hours with the wall charger. I'm now sitting at over 12 hours of life!

I didn't think it would do anything, but it seems to have worked on my battery.