7500 Songs?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
My 3G has about bit the dust. I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 5G, but i'm wondering if I should get the 60 GB or the 30 GB. I see that the 30 GB holds 7500 songs, but the thing is, i'm at 2922 songs and 30.41 GB. WTF?

Hickey

Remeber that Apple ESTIMATES 7500 songs at 4 minutes a song, and it depends on the compression of the file also.

weaselsheep

Don't worry, the Ipod just checks for song #, the Gygabytes are just a guideline on the new 5G. You will b e able to easily fit twice as many songs as you have now! BUY NOW AND ENJOY : ))

AmazingDM

Um the iPod will NOT check for just # of songs, it's definately in size, in GB. If he has around 30GB with just 3000 songs (presumably at around 192 kb/s right? well higher than 128 at least) he will not be able to fit anymore on there.

Go with the 60gb for sure, download some videos, internet radio, podcasts or whatever with the extra room while enjoying longer battery life

mrogers

(2*b) || !(2*b);
Website
3xmk.com
AmazingDM said:
Um the iPod will NOT check for just # of songs, it's definately in size, in GB. If he has around 30GB with just 3000 songs (presumably at around 192 kb/s right? well higher than 128 at least) he will not be able to fit anymore on there.
*psssst*...I'm pretty sure weasel was being sarcastic...*/whisper* ...At least, I HOPE he was ;)

theoutsidr

weaselsheep said:
Don't worry, the iPod just checks for song #, the Gygabytes are just a guideline on the new 5G. You will b e able to easily fit twice as many songs as you have now! BUY NOW AND ENJOY : ))
that is on of the most ignorant remark i have ever heard.

The song count is an estimate based on 4 min average song at 128kbs.

and you dont get 30 full gigs. a small percentage is used up for the master boot record and the ipods OS and of course its going to be more complex because of the added video feature. so please dont talk when you have absolutely no clue k thnx

mrogers

(2*b) || !(2*b);
Website
3xmk.com
theoutsidr said:
that is on of the most ignorant remark i have ever heard.

The song count is an estimate based on 4 min average song at 128kbs.

and you dont get 30 full gigs. a small percentage is used up for the master boot record and the ipods OS and of course its going to be more complex because of the added video feature. so please dont talk when you have absolutely no clue k thnx
Seriously, am I the only one who has any sense of sarcasm at all? How about YOU don't talk until you get a sense of humor, "k thnx"

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Alright, I guess i'll just spend the extra $100. It seems worth it for 30 more gigs.

I guess I should add that just about all my songs are proggy and like are anywhere from 7 minutes to 25 minutes in length.

theoutsidr

the guy who made the remark had hardly any posts there for making his knowledge of ipods seem small

jonnny

theoutsidr said:
i hope THAT was sarcasm too.

theoutsidr

it was not sarcasm i guess that link plays a factor also but the MBR and ipod OS does take up extra space on the hard drive also

theoutsidr

but now that i think about it i think the ipod OS is on a bios chip so its only the MBR which doesnt reserve much space at all