60GB Photo and latest updater (1.2)!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chippe01

I have searched and searched, and cannot find anywhere to get the 1.1 updater for the Photo/Color.

Stupidly I updated to the latest 1.2 update for the photo because with iTunes 5 I was having trouble with songs being recopied over when the playcounts changed. Sometimes upward of 100 songs would be recopied - a major pain.

Anyway, I figured maybe the latest update combined with iTunes 5 might fix this problem -- TOTALLY forgetting about the smart playlist problems the latest update screwed up . :mad:

Another dumb mistake, I deleted the older updater - so now I am .STUCK with 1.2.

I am seeing a more serious problem, actually 2 serious problems that are more than a little annoying. With the latest update installed, when I manually switch to the next track, it will play for a second or 2, then pause for a second, then recontinue where it left off. This is happening on a good many songs, and always on the same songs. If I press the "back" button to restart the same track, it plays fine all the way through. If I press back to go to the previous track, and then press forward to play that track again, it will STILL pause at the exact same spot - every time.

The other problem is the scroll wheel is very slow to respond. if I scroll, or press the middle button, it does not respond right away, and I don't know if it has accepted my gestures or not, so I keep pressing the buttons, or scrolling, and after a few seconds it kind of "catches up" and all the presses or scrolls I've done occur.

These 2 things never happened with any update prior to 1.2.

I NEED to get 1.1 back. How? The CD I got with it has 1.0.

I DO have a 40gb photo that was not updated and contains 1.1. Is there any way to get it from the 40 gig and transfer it to the 60gig? Please help! The non-updating smart playlists is driving me NUTS, but these other 2 problems are just about pushing me over the edge!

phuque99

Here you go:

h**p://www[dot]apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/ipodupdater20050323.html

phuque99

Not too sure if you searched other websites, but I found this for Windows. My own updater was kept in my hard disk, so I could revert at any time.

h**p://www[dot]soft32.com/download_121872.html

chippe01

Thanks, I had already tried that, that also end up at the current updater. I did manage to find the Mar 23 05 update at driverguide.com.

Now my next question... how do I DOWNGRADE? I ran the updater but it won't let me "update". Restore is available, but if I choose restore, will it restore to 1.2 again, or the version on that package (1.1)?

phuque99

Just do a restore with the May updater and version 1.1 will be installed.

chippe01

Thanks, but I found a much easier way thanks to these forums....

You just need to use the iPod in disk mode, open the settings file in wordpad, and change the version numbers there... instructions here.... http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104558

Scroll down in the thread, about the 9th item... it was a cynch! And SMART PLAYLISTS work again on my iPod. :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

Jaredfromthe415

wait what does this update do for the ipod 20 gb color? i was skimming through it and could not find an answer. wouldn't it be nice if the software updated allowed that screen lock thing that the nano has...haha

mongoos150

Jaredfromthe415 said:
wait what does this update do for the ipod 20 gb color? i was skimming through it and could not find an answer. wouldn't it be nice if the software updated allowed that screen lock thing that the nano has...haha
That's exactly what I was thinking! Does 1.2 have big glitches????