5th Gen losing charge via USB

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DXiRoNMaN

this is a strange problem they couldn't answer on the Apple boards. i plug my 5th gen in using usb for just a few minutes to update songs. it says it charging but when i disconnect the battery indicator goes way down. it charges fine using the DLo sounddock which is the only way i've been able to charge it. the problem happened pretty suddenly, the first 6 months or so i had it it charged fine then i went a few months without using it. for awhile it wouldn't even show the charging icon when plugged into the computer. now it shows it but still no charge. anyone know of a solution? i don't think it's the battery really because it holds a charge well when charged with the dock. and i'm not thinking it's the computer really either because it's doing the same thing on another computer.

ArtDamage911

have you tried restoring your iPod, it might be the battery software? also are you ejecting the iPod before your charge? ejecting your iPod and allowing it to charge that way is a good thing because the computer wont interfer and try to talk to it when its charging making a charge a little quicker... that is if you are talking about charging your iPod via computer.