• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

5g Video iPod seems so old. Its been out since Oct. 2005!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

blue_maffu_202

They used to release a new version of the iPod every year and the last real new version (5.5G does not count really) was in October 2005!

Now everone is saying that we should expect the 6G no earlier than X-mas 2007 or early 2008!

2 years seems like a long time to wait, especially if they have the technology ready.

I love the iPhone, but I don't need another cellphone, I need a widescreen iPod with larger than 8GB of memory. The iPhone is limited to people who want a cellphone and live in Cingulars service area. We need a new iPod so that you can use it anywhere and anyone can buy it.

I hope we don't have to wait another year for it...

flakes8

I Agree

I want an iPod that plays music and video...and the video is not really that important. The 5.5 Gen is a bit dated; I was hoping to hear a true video iPod to be announced. I do not want to be bound to a cell phone contract no matter how great the phone looks and it is pretty sweet. I am going to buy another iPod and I really don't want the 5.5 Gen, would rather wait for a new product that is not a phone.

thom y

This has been dragging on for too long. We have been patiently waiting for the real video iPod for over a year now.

Look what thinksecret.com wrote last year in Feb 06:

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0602videoipod.html

You can see they weren't too far off the map. I refuse to believe that this will only show up in the iPhone. A 6G video iPod will appear this year ... Hopefully, Apple doesn't wait 'til after the release of iPhone.

Eric Lewis

Apple Lover
uh theres always people going to complain

what to the 6th...the 7th is going to be so much better and lalalalala

if you happy with the 5.5th then get it...if not wait.

end of diccusion!

cxc273

Nittany Lion lounger
Patience, Grasshopper

Apple has innovated, but not in the ways some of us expect. Since 2005, they've put out new versions of the Shuffle and Nano, so technically there has been new iPods since October 2005 -- they just haven't been the full-sized versions.

You can rest assured that there will be a 6G later this year. Apple wouldn't let the Christmas shopping season go by without a new iPod to send Santa shopping. Now whether it's the true video iPod everyone's been clamoring for remains to be seen.

blue_maffu_202 said:
They used to release a new version of the iPod every year and the last real new version (5.5G does not count really) was in October 2005!

Now everone is saying that we should expect the 6G no earlier than X-mas 2007 or early 2008!

2 years seems like a long time to wait, especially if they have the technology ready.

I love the iPhone, but I don't need another cellphone, I need a widescreen iPod with larger than 8GB of memory. The iPhone is limited to people who want a cellphone and live in Cingulars service area. We need a new iPod so that you can use it anywhere and anyone can buy it.

I hope we don't have to wait another year for it...

napee

I don't understand what Apple is thinking... they sale movies and the only ipod they have to view them it's a little sreen... they really should come out with a new wide screen ipod instead of that iphone that take you by the balls with a 2 years contract.!!