$50.00 more for 26 more Gigs?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JRoDDz

VIDEO iPOD here I come!! Nano, was nice knowing ya..

Even if you don't use the video function of the new iPod. 26 gigs for $50.00. The choice is clear.

Nano is going back to the store.

MondoLondo

they'll let you return it for a different device even if it has already been opened? because if that's true i'd return my nano in a heartbeat.

strosek

Well,

I just got my nano just a few hours ago I can say I used to have a 20gb Ipod..4th gen..It craped out after 8 months anyways the nano is for people that have just a few songs from each CD that they want to put on. I keep a Master copy on my Mac of all the cd's I have ever riped. The nano is for when I am working out on the bus or on the Yamaha R6 on the track and want every song to be a good one. I/we nano users do not carry around our whole CD collection. Its late. Plus why the hell do you want a video Ipod...? There are better options...Trust me.

JRoDDz

MondoLondo said:
they'll let you return it for a different device even if it has already been opened? because if that's true i'd return my nano in a heartbeat.
Yup. The store I got it from has a 30 day return policy. Had it for about 2 weeks now. :D

mekmek86

MondoLondo said:
i dont think so, its 14 days and a 20% restocking if its opened. I'm not sure about exchanging but thats the return policy I was told about when I asked.

finiteyoda

ahem. its not just $50 more for 26 more gigs (b/c if there was a 30 gig nano for $50 more, i'd be all over it).

it's $50 more for 26 more gigs and video, with double the size and over three times the weight.

mightymouse

oh lets not forget that this screen is bigger than the nanos, and the front material is the same as the nano.

larger surface area, tight jeans cause bends, greater arc bending radius= cracked screen.

ipod=pieces of ####

Kelly859

JRoDDz said:
VIDEO iPOD here I come!! Nano, was nice knowing ya..

Even if you don't use the video function of the new iPod. 26 gigs for $50.00. The choice is clear.

Nano is going back to the store.
So why did you buy the nano in the first place when 4g iPod's offer more storage space and better value for money?

pedro love

because he's not really buying it because it suits his needs, hes doing it because he is trend whore....J/K

Sulphide

The bestbuy where i bought my nano from will allow me or anyone else in fact to "return" any product within 30 days pened or not. they say if "you are not completley satisfied with your product" we will give you a full exchange or refund. :D

-Phide

shlo

finiteyoda said:
ahem. its not just $50 more for 26 more gigs (b/c if there was a 30 gig nano for $50 more, i'd be all over it).

it's $50 more for 26 more gigs and video, with double the size and over three times the weight.
Exactly. I've never purchased an iPod but will be getting one soon. I was waiting to see what the video iPod would offer, but am unimpressed w/ the screen size. Therefore, I'm going w/ the iPod Nano or a Mini to have something smaller for day to day use, working out, etc. When Apple comes out w/ a legitimate sized screen for video on an iPod.... hopefully in about a year, I'll buy that.

In the meantime, I could use a smaller, lighter music player.

The two products are clearly markedted for different purposes.

faithfulFrank

Return my nano? No way.
I bought it because of size. I bought it because I do not need to carry my entire music collection in my pocket 24/7....that's what my imac is for.
The video ipod? Cool. I'm glad Apple keeps blowing the world away. Currently, I have about 12 pictures , 75 hours of audiobooks (using only 256mg!), and around 500 songs on my Nano....I could not be happier. And even a year from now when video ipods abound, people will still see my Nano and say, "Wow, that's one of those little ones......cool!"
I bought my Nano for me. I do not need the latest and greatest. The Nano is exactly what I wanted in terms of size and storage. Nuff said.

Frank D.

ericboo

It is not about video and being trendy for everyone.

I work midnights in a jail. Just watching them sleep for 8 hours gets kinda boring, so a good book, and a few thousand songs is a necessity.

Blame Apple for only charging $50 more for the 30gb.

JRoDDz

Well I was in Best Buy today returning my Nano, and low and behold I see a guy at the counter buying about 50 Black Nano's. They were all lined up on the counter and he had his credit card out paying for them.:eek:

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
yodagreg said:
i'm sure the video ipod will affect nano sales. definite.
And everyone said the mini would never sell. It was the best selling iPod up to it's retirement.

There are pros and cons to both, There is more to the nano than size and storage and to some people even $50 more for ~7x the space is too much.

The nano will sell, the new iPod will sell.

thedodgyguy

Declined Lounger
I suppose if you can only afford / support / use one device, the new iPod makes more sense. It's not a huge weight and does a lot more.

For me, the Nano is a great device in itself. Supremely portable. I will be getting a video iPod of course but I expect to carry it for longer journeys, not for commuting where I'll use the Nano.