4th Gen ipod not letting me update?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DXiRoNMaN

i just got a 4th gen ipod today and it says i have the 3.0.1 (firmware?) and i try to update to the 3.0.2 and it wont let me choose the option on the updater, just restore. and its not letting me go into itunes. i never had this problem with my 3rd gen ipod, anyone know what to do?

arn357

DXiRoNMaN said:
i just got a 4th gen ipod today and it says i have the 3.0.1 (firmware?) and i try to update to the 3.0.2 and it wont let me choose the option on the updater, just restore. and its not letting me go into itunes. i never had this problem with my 3rd gen ipod, anyone know what to do?
Reset your Ipod first and reboot your PC and try again.

arn357

DXiRoNMaN said:
yep that worked, thanks!
If your'e one of the lucky ones you won't need to repeat this drill. If you have problems connecting your Ipod to the PC and Itunes try rebooting the PC first before going through the drill. Good luck.

pachec

I had the exact same thing happen to me today. I had to restore and lost everything. I finally fixed it, but I honestly don't know what I did. Now I'm left with two HUGE problems that I need help with. First, I lost 1500 songs. These were on two different computers (work and home)[both pc]. Now I've restored the songs from the work pc. When I try to get the ones from home it tells me the pod is not associated with this computer and wants me to erase the work set. Help! Second, the work computer freezes in iTunes. It recognizes the pod and the songs show up, but they are "light" or "grey" on the screen and I can't click on them to play.

Now what do I do?

centurion

i had this issue and couldnt figure it out for the life of me... the thought entered my mind that maybe it wouldnt update w/ hold on. i switched hold off and it worked fine. or maybe i'm just ######ed and everyone knew that it had to be off... *shrugs* oh well.