4g + 5g = ?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

PerranOak

OK. Ive got my old 4G photo and the boss (wife) has her new 5G video.
I've downloaded iTunes7.

Can I ask three Qs please:
1. When I install the new iTunes will it install over my old version and maintain all my MP3s?
2. When I connect her iPod will iTunes be able to cope with two iPod (not at the same time, of course)?
3. Do I HAVE to join the online music purchase thing to complete the installation?
4. (oops!) Is there anything else I should bear in mind?

Thank you very much people.

Last edited:

plagued

uncanny
2) yes, iTunes functions well with multiple ipods. ipod configurations (auto/manual sync, syncing photos, videos, etc) are saved within the ipod, and not itunes itself. so depending on what ipod you connect, it will behave accordingly.

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
PerranOak said:
OK. Ive got my old 4G photo and the boss (wife) has her new 5G video.
I've downloaded iTunes7.

Can I ask three Qs please:
1. When I install the new iTunes will it install over my old version and maintain all my MP3s?
2. When I connect her iPod will iTunes be able to cope with two iPod (not at the same time, of course)?
3. Do I HAVE to join the online music purchase thing to complete the installation?

Thank you very much people.
1) Everything will be the same, save for the extra features in the new version of iTunes.
2) Yes, and even at the same time. All the settings are separate for the two iPods, and you can even manage both at once.
3) You do not, but it's pretty convenient if you ask me.
4) Use your intuition. iPods and iTunes can be used without reading a manual.

paranoidxe

Your library will remain the same under iTunes 7

You can, and in fact you can have them hooked up at the same time if you have two available ports.

No, iTunes Store while intregated into iTunes Program is completely optional.

You might considering backing up your library I've heard horror stories with upgrading to iTunes 7 where people have lost most of their library. Though this was back when 7.0 was released.