3rd party app for managing large audiobook collection?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

emick

I have a growing library of audiobooks and need a better way of managing them than just with playlists in itunes. I'm hoping someone knows of an app (preferably freeware) that will enable me to do the following:

playlists are great to see and manage the titles I HAVE; However, in addition to tracking titles I currently own, I need some way to also track the titles I still want to acquire.

For example, let's say I discover a new author (Robert Ludlum). I now want to start acquiring all titles by that author (in this case 30+). So I first need a list of all titles, book summaries, jacket cover art, what year they were published, and very importantly, if the book is part of a series, then the name of the series to which it belongs and the vol. # in the series, etc.). I don't want to listen to "Bourne Ultimatum", #3 in the series, before I listen to "Bourne Identity, #1!

Now I know there are public databases that some of the "Book Collection Management" apps synch with, which have all the data I would need about a particular author and their discography (or whatever you call the collective works of an author). Here's one example with all the Robert Ludlum collection.

http://www.iblist.com/author671.htm

Without having to cut and paste (my current method is cutting and pasting this data into an Excel spreadsheet--a total pain!), I'd like to be able to selectively populate my yet-to-be-discovered app with this data. This way, now I've got what effectively becomes my want-to-acquire/want-to-listen-to list. As I acquire titles, I can check them off against the list, which now shows titles I own, and ALSO titles I want to own.

I've heard that some people use audible or Amazon's wishlist to do something similar, but for my purposes, neither of those 2 ways of creating my list is effective, becuause I want to show ALL works by author (or books in a Series)--both "Own" and "Want to Own" on the same sheet.

An added benefit of having "Own" and "Want to Own" in the same database is that hopefully it allows the ability to search by tags. If I want to listen to a "Thiller", I can search and sort all titles I "Own" in order to pick a book. Or before going to the bookstore because I want to buy a new "Mystery" novel, I can search my list and it will show me that I already own "Three to Get Deadly" by Janet Evanovich and the next in the series, which I don't yet own is "Four to Score".

The fact that it's mostly audiobooks that I want to keep track of, not written titles, poses some complexity, because many of the "book collection management" apps that I've looked at aren't set up to discern between an audiobook and a print book--which does make a difference because not all audiobooks have a corresponding print title--some are ONLY available in audiobook format.

There are a ton of other features that I'd love the app to have, but this one feature described above is at the top of my "must haves".

Anyone know of an app like this, or even ideas on how I can do what I describe?