3rd gen general questions

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

enjoisoad

My 3rd generation came in the mail today and I just have a few questions for you guys.

It wont charge via usb but will via firewire is that normal?

The backlight is diffrent from my 4th gen. The 4th gen has a blue blacklight and this 3rd seems green. (both are set at the same contrast level) Is this normal?

Also I ran the updater and it has ver 2.3 firmware on it. I also did a complete restore and put a new battery in it.

jedk

Yep, the 3G only charges via FireWire. It's also normal for such differences in backlight colour depending on when / where the iPod was made and what generation it is.

enjoisoad

Im already lovin it. It came ot me in pretty bad condition but some polish, a screen protector and tlc now it looks pretty good. The new battery tested out at 10hrs so im lovin that ;).

illa_noize

I have a laptop, and was going to look into a USB to Firewire adapter for it. Have any of you guys done that? Will it charge my ipod and allow more time for me to transfer music to it. Darn USB kills my pod.

Ichijoe

All Rush, All the time...
A USB to FireWire Converter?!?! I didn't know there was such a thing. I think your confuseing a 4-Pin (non-powerd), FireWire for a USB. Which sadly is not the same thing. Since the 4-Pin Connector (i.e. usally found on Laptops), do not have the +12V GND Pins on them. It would be hard to get a charge out of it...