3g Lovers - are you going to upgrade to the 5g?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

upgrade or not?

• keep 3g, to the heck with em!

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • upgrade to the 5g

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • keep 3g and buy new 5g

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • go nano

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters

sparkky

I love my 3g despite its battery problems. Luckily my job is such that I'm always near an outlet and have a short commute. it also works for my workouts. i've held off upgrading bc I love the look of the 3g with its lit up buttons. I am wondering if there are other 3g afficianados who are chucking the 3g for the new 5g and why!

Website
www.flickr.com
I love my 3g, too....the only way I will upgrade is if the battery on the 3g dies completely...Then I might consider it...or I might just get a new battery.

toothpaste

I like my 3g 40gb ipod but the battery is almost at the end of it's life cycle and i carry a charger with me everywhere. So I will be getting a silver mini and maybe a new ipod just for the space, althought I do think the video capability is cool it's not the main selling point for me.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
I am considering it. I haven't thrown my hat in yet.

My wife will make me sell my beloved 3G as a sacrifice to the iPod gods for my "Stupid" purchase as she puts it... We will see. I'm waiting for the full review here before I make any final decisions.

urbanlegend

Toronto Tonto
I'll keep my 3G until it dies. I'd love the increased storage but the 3G works just fine, so I can't justify upgrading.

John

vrity

I'm gonna keep my 3g but definitely gonna buy the 5g. I've waited long enough for a really good ipod to come out and the 5g is definitely worth the wait. The only thing that bugs is the battery life for video playback but I see video as a bonus not as its main feature. The battery life for the 3g sucks @$# and it has no pictures and no color screen. It's definitely time to buy a new iPod. 5G 60GB white iPod here I come!!! :D

Tenfold

Podding while Jibbing
3G was nice, but I had way to many problems with it. I got it warrantied and sold it at a good price, so I should have a 5G 60GB soon. Can't wait. I have been waiting for this for a long time.

Ichijoe

All Rush, All the time...
If I do upgrade away from my 3G I'll likely be going for the Nano in it's "Self-engraveing Black"! XD

Now if only Apple could make a dubble digit storage Nano I'd be all over it!!

-James

Website
www.google.co.uk
I'm hanging on to my 3G for now. I'm really not digging the looks of this new iPod, and there's really no reason for me to have to upgrade. I still get around 5 hours battery life and still have 5GB left to fill. I think that once i've filled up those few remaining gigs, i'll upgrade. That should be in around 4/5 months time and maybe there'll even have been a minor upgrade to the 5G.

I've already "gone nano" though :p

moriond

The 3G just continues to perform; audiobook listeners are spared the lockups, freezes, and other glitches of the 4G models. This is a keeper.

The nano's pretty cool. On the 5G I'd wait for the higher capacity disks that are coming soon, especially for video playback. And I'd wait for the reviews.

Straphanger

Keeping my 15GB for as long as I can. Still has about 6 hours of battery life and even when the battery dies, I'll try replacing it myself. Only if I end up breaking it while replacing the battery will I go out and get myself a new one. Battery life probably won't become an issue for me until late next year.

Phreno

I love my girlfriend's 3G, they're the best designed. But, she only gets 2-3 hrs of actually use.

Capital R

AKA Randall
Website
restinchaos.deviantart.com
Even though it is outdated, I think the 3G is funtionally the best iPod out since the originals. I prefer the touch sensitive buttons to the click wheel, and now that the click wheel has been resized, it would be much more of a nuisance to me. The wired remote is also very convenient, and the 5G has no remote port. I would need to buy all new accessories since my iTrip and wired remote wont work with it. It's also pretty cool to be one of the few people who have a 3G compared to the newer ones. Battery life isn't an issue either, since I charge my iPod pretty much every night. Unless it breaks beyond repair, I'll stick with my 3G.

R32_Nakazato

d[^_^]b
Website
www.cardomain.com
I love my third gen but It is time to upgrade. I've had zero problems with it and the battery still works despite large complaints of the battery back in the day. Although I am probably down to half the battery life than from when I first got it. Besides I'd sure like to differ in the crowd of ipodders with a nice sleek black 5th gen.

Mr.Sneis

I'm pretty sure I'll be upgrading. I'm actually really excited about the 5g, mostly because I was pretty impressed by the PSP's movie playback ability via memory stick, but that was the problem... expensive memory sticks.

iTara

Digital Hooligan
I'll be keeping my 3G till the battery dies, too.. its a brick, but I still love it.. It makes for a great portable HD, and stores my entire library.. however, just like James, I too have gone nano, though ;)

T.

survivorz21888

I love to stand out as one of the first to jump on the iPod trend train in my school with my 3g. But I really want to update...Which I am going to do soon. I just think that the prices and quality of iPods are not meant to last for many many years, and it's a good investment to spend $300 on a new one with many new features (I heart the color screen!)