3G iPod MOD with SSD issues

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jawko

Greetz...
I am trying to mod an old 3G 40GB iPod classic to a SSD. I installed the iFlash adapter and am using a 128GB SD card. On 10.11.6 on Mac 12.7.5.9 on iTunes.

When I plug the iPod in via USB, it is recognized by iTunes and it tells me there is an update available (2.3 I think). I've update and the computer says it was successful and to plug it into the wall via Firewire to compete the process. I plug it into the wall and I get the Folder Exclamation point icon and thats where it stops.

Next I entered Disk Mode and plugged in via USB. I said I would update later and I was able to sync songs over via iTunes. The iPod is also mounted on the desktop and is accessible through the Disk Utility. However, when I eject and restart the iPod (menu + Play/Pause) the apple logo appears for a second and then I get the folder with exclamation point icon again. That's where it hangs up.

Thoughts?

Jawko-out...

Cooper353

I am in the process of upgrading an iPod 7th generation to use an SDXC memory source with the help of an iFlash board. I am aware of iTunes related limitations with the older generations and wondered if anybody has information on what limits Apple installed onto each logic board variant.

Last edited: