3G Battery Doesn't Hold Charge

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kainjow

Website
www.kainjow.com
My 3G iPod has been working 100% fine (since I've had it - quite a while). I just recently gave it to my friend and ever since she's had it, the battery doesn't hold its charge. The FireWire cable, USB cable, and charger (all which she is using) are from my new 4G iPod.

I really doubt it, but does anyone know of any problems with the 4G parts for a 3G iPod? Or is the battery all of a sudden just now dying? If this is the case (hopefully not!), what's the best way to replace it? Ship it away to Apple or are there other, cheaper dealers?

Or maybe do I just need a restore and some resets and do some other miscellaneous stuff? :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a 3g, 30 gig that's 1 yr and 2 mnths old and the battery is starting to hold less of a charge now and drains quicker. Most of my songs are at a low bit rate of 96k, about 400 @ 128k, and 30 @ 192k. The more I use the buttons and light the quicker it will drain the batter.

The bit rate of the songs, backlight useage, how often the menu buttons are used, EQ all play a part in how long the battery will last. Have your friend do a battery test also.

If you need to replace the iPod battery, I would suggest (http://www.pdasmart.com/ipodpartscenter.htm). It's cheaper than Apple and you will get a better, long lasting battery.

kainjow

Website
www.kainjow.com
I believe the problem was with using the 4G charger with the 3G iPod. I guess it is different although it looks identical, but I haven't confirmed this 100% yet. I will post back later with results.

dordale

kainjow...

Also check that the alarm hasn't been inadvertently turned on on the 3g. This happened to me. Somehow, I managed to turn my alarm on, so the iPod was coming on at midnight everynight and start playing. I couldn't figure out why my battery was dead (or close to it all the time). Finally figured out it was the alarm and turned it off. I really don't recall turning it on!

dordale :)