3.8GBs of Music, 5.6 GB taken up....how?, yeah again..

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Phillyzero

Canadian Lounger
Well i own a 30gb iPod, im aware that theres only 28.4gb or whatever on the iPod, thats not the problem. On iTunes I have approximatley 3.97GB of music, when i upload my music to my iPod it comes out as 5.6GB used up. Now ive had this problem before, and i restored....but honestly since Dec.18 of which I purchased the iPod, if I was to restore again, it would make it the sixth restore . Now if this extra information helps: When I plug in my iPod (v 1.1, iTunes 6.0.2), unlike in the first two weeks of purchasing, there is an autoplay box that pops up, after which, iTunes randomly updates songs onto my iPod, that have not been newly added or modified . So after my fifth restore, there seemed to be a 10mb difference in used up space, but seeing as that is very minor I ignored it, a few days later, it went up to 1.6GB difference, I can't ignore this anymore, problems like these only occured after updating to 1.1 and 6.0.2. I had to restore once before this to help iTunes recognize the iPod.
Here are some pics:

P.S. What is the autoplay box actually for?

Last edited:

Menko

Music Pimp
The only thing I can think of is that you have 3.8GB of music & you're also updating 1.8GB of podcasts/videos/pictures/contacts/calenders/notes/other, accounting to the total space used.

Phillyzero

Canadian Lounger
hmm thanks for the response, but this "extra space" taken up sort of just appeared later on at random, so i think im gonna go for another restore and see how it ends up. :(

ishDog

holy wow..you should really clear some of those desktop shorcuts:p