2nd Gen Touch

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
Man, it was just about perfect. Volume switch, external speaker, just one thing missing is I was hoping they would release one in 64 Gigs. Maybe they will do like they did last year and release THAT 1-2 months after the release.

Bren86

Yeah I feel the same way. I would of snap it up straight away if they released a 64gb version. Now I'm back to sqaure one how I fealt when they first announce the 8/16gb touch. I waited for a 32gb, then thought I'd wait a bit more for a 64gb and still nothing. I don't want to buy this new one then for them to release a 64gb touch next month pfft.

Benzin

The speaker really makes the touch perfect but I don't think it's worth the price to upgrade from my current 32 gb touch. If they release a larger version I'll consider it. The only thing I can think of that they could add is a camera.

Last edited:

kornchild2002

Well, I won't be buying one as a 32GB capacity is just not enough for me. Apple will more than likely release a 64GB iPod touch next year around February/March, the same time in 2008 when Apple released the 32GB iPod touch. I am sorry but I will not pay for a new iPod touch unless the capacity is much, much, much higher than my current 16GB model.

I think that the new iPod touch models offer improvements over the current model such as the dedicated volume buttons and the external speaker. I would never, ever, ever listen to music using the cheap external speaker but it can really come in handy when playing songs for friends. "Hey, have you heard the new Manson song?" I could then play a part of the song so they could hear it.

The UI also looks better and I hope that Apple releases an update for us older iPod touch users so we can take advantage of the newer software. I just hope that Apple doesn't pull an Apple and abandon the last generation.

cxc273

Nittany Lion lounger
kornchild2002 said:
Well, I won't be buying one as a 32GB capacity is just not enough for me. Apple will more than likely release a 64GB iPod touch next year around February/March, the same time in 2008 when Apple released the 32GB iPod touch. I am sorry but I will not pay for a new iPod touch unless the capacity is much, much, much higher than my current 16GB model.

I think that the new iPod touch models offer improvements over the current model such as the dedicated volume buttons and the external speaker. I would never, ever, ever listen to music using the cheap external speaker but it can really come in handy when playing songs for friends. "Hey, have you heard the new Manson song?" I could then play a part of the song so they could hear it.

The UI also looks better and I hope that Apple releases an update for us older iPod touch users so we can take advantage of the newer software. I just hope that Apple doesn't pull an Apple and abandon the last generation.
Amen to that!

nba_153

I can't decide whether to buy an iPod Touch 8GB refurbished for $200, or a brand new 8gb with free engraving on it for $260? please help me out! Thanks!:)

Mr. E.

Barca Lounger
rockmyplimsoul said:
The new Touch does not include 2.1 firmware, correct?
I believe that is wrong. The new iPod Touches should have the 2.1 firmware installed, or at least the 2.0 firmware with 2.1 being a free upgrade.

I believe that was mentioned, plus the 2.1 features are mentioned on the Touch page, with no mention of you needing to buy additional software to get them.

drew64

It still should be able to do flash player so almost all sites can be visited on net.

4ster

I read that 2.1 is free if you already have 2.0 and $10 for everyone else.

Personally, I'm trying to decide between a 16 gig refurb 1st generation and an 8 gig 2nd generation. The main draw to the 2nd gen for me is the improved battery life.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
4ster said:
I read that 2.1 is free if you already have 2.0 and $10 for everyone else.

Personally, I'm trying to decide between a 16 gig refurb 1st generation and an 8 gig 2nd generation. The main draw to the 2nd gen for me is the improved battery life.
A refurb 16gb "should" come with 2.0. The question is do you want Nike+, internal speaker, and physical volume control. If so, get the 2gen. The internal speaker makes the 2nd gen very compelling in my opinion. Depends on saving money is more important than the non-software features.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
nba_153 said:
I can't decide whether to buy an iPod Touch 8GB refurbished for $200, or a brand new 8gb with free engraving on it for $260? please help me out! Thanks!:)
As I said to the other poster it's the difference between waiting the additional hardware features: Nike +, speaker, and solid volume control. I think these things can be worth 60$ to me personally, but if they are no use to you...

gimletgoop

nba_153 said:
The old iTouch (1 gen) 8GB dropped 90 bucks at major stores. I wouldn't buy refurb if I could buy brand new for just about the same price.

gagit811

I needed an excuse to get an new Ipod. I want an Iphone but att is now where around where I live. so I got an 8gig touch last year. I then wanted more space but I couldn't justify getting a new one. Its still hard to justify an upgrade but the timing is perfect because my wife wants my ipod touch, well she can have it. I just bought an 2g 32gig touch. I still think they could have given more space. but 32gigs is fine for now.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
Speaker

kornchild2002 said:
I would never, ever, ever listen to music using the cheap external speaker but it can really come in handy when playing songs for friends. "Hey, have you heard the new Manson song?" I could then play a part of the song so they could hear it.

I'm thinking Speaker is particularly handy for videos and Youtube. I'm curious what else besides the hardware changes is different about the UI :confused: ?

Luigitendo

I have a question...is the stainless steel back significant? it seems they are making a big deal about it on the apple website.

is it any less susceptible to finger prints? or whats the deal

M11Stephen

Am I the only one who likes the 1st generation design better? The curved back is going to be very annoying when typing on a table. Im glad volume controls and a speaker were added.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
Luigitendo said:
I have a question...is the stainless steel back significant? it seems they are making a big deal about it on the apple website.

is it any less susceptible to finger prints? or whats the deal
I am going to go with no less susceptible to fingerprints, just much stronger. I have heard reports that the new plastic backed iPhones have been having issues with cracking.