2nd gen ipod shuffle nonresponsive

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

a7dk

Hi all!

I have a 2nd generation ipod shuffle that I have had for approximately 2 years or so. I use it several times a week, mainly to listen to podcasts while at the gym. A few days ago it suddenly stopped playing podcasts, but would still play music. If I put a podcast on it, instead of playing it would blink "green - orange - orange - orange" but never play. It played music with no problems. I tried this with multiple songs and multiple podcasts.

Today I was fooling around with it trying to investigate the matter further, when it stopped responding altogether. At first it was doing its normal thing, playing music but just blinking with podcasts. Then I docked it again to check another podcast, but this time the computer wouldn't even recognize it. No blinking lights, no nothing.

I've tried resetting it several times, to no avail. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sid32

Try the shuffle on another usb port and another computer. See if you can get it to connect on a friends machine.

when you see it again, Try downloading the podcast from the shows website and copying it over to the shuffle as music track. Try downloading other podcasts..

CaliGirl

Do what Sid32 says, and if that that doesn't work, then check to see if you have the latest version of iTunes. If you don't, then definitely download the latest version, try to restore the Shuffle using that, and try the back high powered USB ports. Good luck!

a7dk

Thank you both so much - I will try all your suggestions and let you know what happens.

a7dk

I wanted to thank you for your help - it seems to have been the USB cord - it works fine with a different cord! :)