2234 songs on iPod, 2235 in iTunes...WTF...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

carlin

iPodaholic...
Website
homepage.mac.com
I got one less song that transferred onto my brand new 20Gb iPod I bought today, and Its driving me nuts. Does anyone have any quick solution to figuring out which song? Its driving me nucking futs and its almost as annoying as Natalie from the Dixie Chicks (and thats annoying)...

maxf

i think that in reality you only have 2234 songs, but you have clicked on one song twice for itunes. that's whathappened to me. just my 2 cents

jh-retired

Nope. What it is is that one of your songs is in a quasi-supported format. That is, it is supported in iTunes, but not on the iPod.

Example? MPEG-1 Layer 2 (.mp2) Tricky thing here, though, is that you can have an mpeg layer 2 file with an .mp3 filename. ;/

I don't know of any systematic way of finding that song *in iTunes,* other than right clicking on your first song, going to get info, and clicking "Next" until you find the un-ipod-supported song.

Last edited:

jogloran

| o o o o |
Actually, if you auto-sync, a dialog will come up with the name of the unsupported song, which you can then search for and eliminate.

Dexter8282

Yea make sure there isn't an exclamation mark next to any of your songs in iTunes this means that it can't find that particualr song. It should come up with saying which song it is but u can check a box for it not to display it again u may have accidentally. if a song is in iTunes and you move the song to a different folder or change the file extension in any way you have to find it for iTunes again, it isn't done automatically.

Chelce

Sold my soul for my iPod
Once you find the song, if it's in the right format already, try deleting it and then re-ripping it. Just an idea.

iPodFreak

Obsessed iPodder
Website
www.xanga.com
the easiest way is to delete everything on ur ipod and shove all the music in itunes back on. that's wat i do all the time as like an inventory check

Phoenix

Addicted to Podcasts
i had this problem before and a dialogue box came up....

but i forgot which one isn't transfered.... is there a way to do a search (where do u look for?) to find which song isn't in the ipod? (and no, none of mine has exclamation mark on)

i really don't want to format and re-transfer all songs agian... just wanting to delete the one that's not transfer from my iTunes