2 Problems With iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

stasyna

PeacePod
Having no expierence with the repair sector of Apple, I turned to the forums for advice.

Few nights ago, I was about to charge the iPod, so I proceeded to open the firewire port cover. The cover for the port cracked clean off.

Another issue is the iPod remote. The contact inside has been damaged, from what? I dont know.

So my final question to you is:

Can they fix the cover and replace the remote free of charge? If not, how much is it going to cost me.

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
The firewire cover coming off is a known 'defect' - they can be reinserted if you can get a replacement, with a bit of twisting and shoving.
I see from your profile you have a 10gb'r - is that the one with the old style jack?
Is it the actual remote that is faulty? Or is it the jack for the remote plug?
Apple do send out replacement remotes if you fill out a repair request on the Apple main site.

stasyna

PeacePod
the cover didnt come off, it cracked off. There's nothing to reinsert because its broken.

i have 2nd Gen, and the remotes port is faulty.

could u give me a link for the repair request, i cant find it :(

thanks for help mate.

stasyna

PeacePod
Apple wants 45 CDN to fix it, according to the online form.

This is ludacris, its a piece of plastic that i need, and its still under warranty. Is this how apple makes money? charging users for a repair when the unit is under warranty?

the port cover is so cheaply made. :mad: